Tuesday, March 3, 2009

What Are You Thinking???

That’s what I kept saying last night as I watched the season finale of The Bachelor. I apologize in advance if you don’t watch the show – I just have to get this off my chest! So first of all, ABC totally edited that footage of DeAnna to make it look like something it was not. She was not coming back to ask Jason for another chance at all – she was simply coming back to tell him that it’s not too late for him to make the choice that’s right for him (unlike she did by making the wrong choice for her – maybe she’s not the devil after all). And I was genuinely happy when he chose Melissa – I thought she was a better choice anyway (plus, I felt like I knew her a little bit from the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader show). Then I got whiplash when they began the After the Final Rose special. What??? He’s breaking up with Melissa 5 seconds after the finale airs??? Yes, I know they probably filmed that special around the time the series was starting, but it was just odd that they would actually air the special immediately following the finale, and also that he would do it on a TV special to begin with! I felt bad for Melissa. They were unclear as to what happened, but I can imagine that things probably aren’t nearly as exciting when you are going out on “regular” dates, as opposed to the fabulous ones the show sends you on. The people on that show would probably fall in love with a beer-bellied cameraman if he took her up in a helicopter and fed her champagne and chocolate-covered strawberries. Not so much when they’re back at home eating at Chili’s and going to the dollar movie theater. Anyway, so fast-forward a few minutes (after Melissa lets herself out of the building and opens the limo door herself!) when they bring Molly out. Chris Harrison so slyly asks her what if Jason wanted a second chance. Oh Chris, stop being silly – he’s happy with Melissa! Right? Wrong! Molly, it’s your lucky day! You’ve just been offered the opportunity to be Jason’s SECOND CHOICE girl! How does that make you feel? Wow – am I about to be Punk’d? I think Jason & I need to have some conversations…but first let me just make out with him on this couch – on TV – before we talk! I’m so happy to be his second choice! The two of them are obviously made for each other. Jason is just stupid. Of course he can’t stop thinking about Molly – and if he had actually picked Molly in the first place, he’d probably have been on TV last night dumping her because he couldn’t stop thinking about Melissa. And there you go. Thanks to Jason, ABC and The Bachelor will have to keep on pimping Trista & Ryan for a little while longer.

Last night Liam said a new word – “ball”. It was very exciting! And last night he also said “dada” in a way that we were pretty confident what he meant. He’d made the sound before, but we were never quite sure if he was just making the sound or if he was actually trying to say “dada”. Last night we were sure. I think this brings him up to 5 words (although he doesn’t say them all consistently, but he’ll get there). After hearing some of the things Zachary has said, I’m excited to hear what wonderful & funny things might come out of Liam’s mouth one day.

2 comments:

Carrie Davis said...

Sorry, I don't watch the Bachelor..but you're the second blog I read that's talking about it..

That's awesome about Liam talking. I'm with you..I can't WAIT to hear the things that Liam says after reading about Zachary.

Mel said...

I actually only watched two episodes this year but one was last week and when they made the finale look so dramatic I went and looked for a spoiler online...and this one guy reality steve said that he really wanted Molly the whole time and it was obvious to the producers from the beginning but it made boring TV so he had to pick Melissa and then they would let him break up with her and have Molly. Seems odd because I thought that normally they had to sign something that they wouldn't date the others on the show for a certain period of time...who knows.