Saturday, December 5, 2009

Santa & Singing

We had a busy day today! It started off not so fun. We decided to go ahead & get the H1N1 vaccine for the boys (just in time to read a report yesterday that H1N1 is no longer considered widespread in GA...oh well). But we followed that with a trip to the mall to see the Big Guy - Santa! I love the Santa at North Point - he is so cute & sweet, and I love that every year we have a new photo with the same Santa (what I don't love is the big giant chair they put him in every year, which then blocks the very large Christmas tree behind him - oh well again). It turned out just how I thought it would - see?


Well, at least Santa is smiling! I'm not sure what that goofy expression is that Zachary is giving, but it just added to the photo. And what makes it even funnier is the year Zachary wore the same outfit that Liam is wearing in the photo above, the picture was pretty much the same.



When we got home Josh & I headed out to see a movie - in a theater! We saw The Blind Side - great movie, and definitely recommend it.

A little bit after we got home from the movie, we headed out for an early dinner because tonight was Zachary's big performance. His class had been asked to perform at the Christmas in Crabapple event tonight. I'm not one to enjoy being out in cold weather, but I must say that the weather tonight sure was "festive" - I mean, it would have just been wrong to be out at a Christmas event in short sleeves. Zachary's class performed 4 songs. Here is the first one - "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" complete with accompanying sign language (I'm sorry it's a bit blurry at first - my crazy camera is not a fan of working when it's dark out, so it took itself a little bit to adjust to the dark & get into focus). There are more kids than what you see here, but of course, being a typical mom, I had to primarily zoom in on my own child. :)


And here are the last 3 songs. The first one is in Spanish, second one is in French, and the last one is the Goodbye Song - although I guess it's technically the "Adios" song because it too is in Spanish. You will notice towards the end of the video that Zachary starts fiddling with the star around his neck. Apparently some of the embellishment he had glued to it was starting to come off. He proudly imforms his teacher of this fact at the end of the song.

1 comment:

Meredith said...

YAY Zachary!!! ;) LOVED the performance!!!!

Also, just LOVE the pic with Santa!