Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Mother's Day Weekend in Review

We had a nice weekend. Busy, but nice. It started on Friday with a party. An adults-only party. One of my co-workers retired at the end of April, and we had her retirement party on Friday at another co-worker’s house. It was catered, and the food was delicious. There was alcohol (and lots of it). I had been asked to order cakes, so I got them from Rhodes Bakery – yum! It was fun. I won’t bore you with any of the pictures I took since you don’t know my co-workers.

On Saturday we had another t-ball game. We can tell the season is winding down, because we have apparently played all the teams once, and had now gone back to the beginning to play the team we played in the first game. Liam was a total crabby mess, so my mom took him back to the car, & the 2 of them hung out in the car during the game (which is a shame since you can’t even see the field from the car – they missed the whole game). During nap/quiet time, I went & got my hair cut. It felt SO good. My last haircut was on December 19. It was time. After my haircut, we headed out to Loganville, to Washington Farms to pick strawberries. It was a fun, different activity, although more difficult than picking apples, since the berries are all low to the ground. There was lots of bending over, squatting, and kneeling. We picked 2 buckets full & then headed back home.




Sunday was a lovely Mother’s Day! It started with breakfast in bed, brought by all 3 boys. It was not some fancy, schmancy, homemade breakfast. No, it was BOJANGLES!! Mmmmmmm…Cajun Filet biscuit…I could not have asked for a yummier breakfast. It was served with a side of the strawberries we hand-picked the day before, and a rose (I discovered later that the rest of the roses were in a vase in the kitchen). We went to church, and then to swimming lessons and then home for nap/quiet time. Josh pretty much did everything for me on Sunday – except the laundry. But that’s because I really don’t mind doing the laundry. It’s folding it & putting it away that I despise. But actually doing the laundry is really no big deal. So I did the laundry while Josh went & bought himself a new lawn mower. Happy Mother’s Day honey! We’ve had our old one since we moved into the house almost 7 years ago. I’m not sure what the average lifespan of a lawn mower is, but for the past month or so, Josh had had an ongoing repair saga with it, and he finally had enough. When the boys got up, they had a ball playing in the giant box that the lawn mower came in!
Later on, my mom & Pappy came over for dinner. My mom & I had chosen kabobs (chicken & filet), rice pilaf, and broccoli casserole. For dessert we had pink lemonade ice cream pie. Delish! Josh did a great job prepping & cooking all of the food. After dinner we opened some presents. My present was a Flip Ultra video camera! I was SO excited! I had been wanting one, so it was perfect. Now, I just need an excuse to take some videos! If it doesn’t rain on Saturday I’ll definitely take some video of the t-ball game.

Finally, here are the Mother’s Day projects the kids made at school. So cute!

Liam's project


Zachary's first project

Zachary's second project

Zachary's third project

No comments: