The park where the boys play baseball typically opens the season the first Saturday in March. We had a nice day for their first games! Zachary's team played first - they opened against the Cardinals. Unfortunately, it's been so long since that game took place, that I don't recall all the details (which is why I need to be more on top of this, especially during baseball!). I do know that the Dodgers put up a good fight, but ended up losing by 2 (I think). It was kind of a bummer to lose their first game, but they've got some good players, so everyone still had high hopes for the season.
Next up was Liam's game - Braves vs. Red Sox. Again, I don't remember all the specifics, but in his division, they still don't keep score yet, so there wasn't even a winner. They all played really well - very few kids had to use the tee, and they made some good plays!
After the games, we headed south of the city to go to a birthday party for a sweet friend, and then we met some other friends for dinner after. It was a long day, but we all had fun, and we all slept really well!
No comments:
Post a Comment