We had a really fun hometown weekend. So, Milton/Alpharetta isn't technically
either Josh’s or my hometown, but it is the boys’ hometown, so when we have
opportunities to attend community events, I think it’s a really cool thing.
Our weekend started Thursday afternoon/evening – we had
dinner at the Alpharetta Food Truck Alley.
This is such a fun, weekly event, and we don’t go as often as we’d
like. But we knew this would be the perfect
day to go – with no school or camp the next day, we would be in no rush
whatsoever to get home. The kids were
able to jump in the bouncy house, we ate our food (and dessert) without
rushing…it was nice. The weather wasn't
too hot, and we ran into some people we knew – just a fun night!
On Friday morning, we walked up to the main Crabapple area
for the city’s Fourth of July parade. We
had never been before, and thought it might be fun. You could actually sign up to be in the
parade – we didn't do that this year. We
decided to just be spectators. There
were a few others there to watch as well.
I just had to laugh when the “parade” came through. It was literally a bunch of families with
kids on bikes & scooters, dogs, etc.
There was no music or anything.
Some were throwing out beads and candy, but it was over in about 5
minutes. But again, we saw people we
knew, and that made me feel so good, knowing we can go to these events, and
know that we’ll see people we know.
Later in the day we went to Wills Park for the City of
Alpharetta fireworks. We got there early
(to make sure we could park), so we had a little while to entertain ourselves
before the fireworks started. We had a
football, ring sticks, a tennis ball, and a couple of board games. We found a nice spot near the baseball fields
and just had a great time! We played
games, ate a picnic – it was fun! And
when the fireworks finally came on, it felt like they were on longer than
usual. It was a nice way to end the day.
On Saturday morning, we went to the Alpharetta Farmer’s
Market. This is one of my favorite
things to do on Saturday mornings – I get so sad when fall rolls around and the
farmer’s market closes for 6 months. We
stocked up on fresh veggies (since we will miss the next 2 weeks due to going
to the beach), and we even let the boys have a King of Pops on the spot (it was
about 9:15 in the morning!) We found out
as we were leaving that Zachary’s baseball coach would be at the field for
anyone who wanted to practice. Since we were
out, and didn't have much planned for the day, we headed back over to the park
for practice. It turned out to be just
Zachary and 2 other kids. They spent
just about the entire time working only on catching. It was great for Zachary! I think he learned a lot of new things, and
it was really beneficial to have that dedicated time to learning more about his
favorite position. Meanwhile, Liam had
asked if we could go to the playground while Zachary practiced. As much as I like to watch baseball practices,
I know it’s not Liam’s favorite thing, so I immediately agreed that we would go
to the playground. He and I had a fun
time! I showed him how to swing himself
on a swing, we got super duper dizzy spinning on the tire swing, he climbed
across all the monkey bars (multiple times), we hid from each other in little
nooks in the playground…so much fun! I
wouldn't have traded it!
No comments:
Post a Comment