Happy belated 4th! Liam enjoyed his first 4th of July. I mean, I guess to him it was like any other day. We did get to see a few tiny fireworks from our neighbors down the street. I'm hoping that maybe by next year we can go see some for real. I don't think Zachary has ever seen them in person - we're the dorks who always put him to bed around his normal time, even on weekends & holidays. But in our defense, he is CRABBY if he is still awake and really tired, and frankly we just didn't feel like spending the day with a grump. But fireworks are just not the same on TV... I was a little bummed that I couldn't find any "My First 4th of July" apparel for Liam. I had a couple of things that I saved from Zachary, but he was only about 5 weeks old for his first 4th, and I didn't think they would fit Liam, who is almost 5 months old now. However, Babies R Us did have Halloween costumes out already, for anybody looking to get a jump on that...
Zachary has this Batmobile toy, where when you shake it, it says "To the Bat Cave!" and then it zooms off. Tonight we had my mom & grandfather over for a little BBQ (Josh's first attempt at ribs - they were GOOD!). After dinner, I was getting up from the table and tripped over this Batmobile. I was frustrated because for one, it hurt my toe, but also because we've told him MANY times, no toys in the kitchen. So in my frustration, I flung the car down the hallway. Well, wouldn't you know it - that darn Batmobile landed on its wheels and we hear "To the Bat Cave!" and here comes the Batmobile zooming right back into the kitchen - almost exactly where it had started. Everyone had a good laugh at my expense.
When my mom & Pappy were getting ready to leave, I was holding Liam, and my mom leaned in to give Liam a kiss. Right as she leaned in, he gave a nice burp in her face. She backed away, a little surprised (because the boy hardly ever burps - he must not have yet realized that's what boys do). So she leaned back in for a 2nd attempt, and he burped again. On her 3rd attempt, he spit up a little bit. It was funny - but then again, I wasn't the one trying to kiss him.
Shortly after they left, we asked Zachary if he needed to go to the potty - it had been a while. He runs to the bathroom, and then comes right out and says he wants to go upstairs. So he goes upstairs, and comes right back down saying he wants to go downstairs. I'm thinking to myself that this can't end well. Thankfully he made it on time and all was well. That is, until he comes out of the bathroom with no pants on....or underwear. Just his shirt. He thinks this is hilarious - he calls it "Buck Naked", which I believe he thinks is his superhero name (however, for anyone who ever watched Seinfeld, it's more like a porn name). He comes out of the bathroom all giddy and says he wants to be Buck Naked. So Josh took Zachary's shirt off and we let him run up the stairs with no clothes on (it was almost bathtime anyway). It must be nice to get so excited out of something as basic as having no clothes on.
September Quotes
2 months ago
1 comment:
Sounds like ya'll have had a nice 4th. I actually think most of my friends with little ones stuck to their bedtime schedule. One good thing about watching the fireworks on tv... they arent' as loud! :) hee hee
btw, thanks for the comment on my page!
Post a Comment