Since Zachary had gone another week at school with no accidents, yesterday was “surprise day”. We have a bag of surprises that we usually let him choose from, but yesterday we decided to take him for ice cream after dinner instead of choosing from the surprise bag. Last time we went for ice cream, we went to Bruster’s, but a while back I had read about this place called the Dairy Barn Creamery that is down the road from us, so we went there last night instead. It was fun going to a local, non-chain place, and the ice cream was yummy! When we went to Bruster’s last time, we asked Zachary what flavor he wanted, and he said “green”. He ended up with mint chocolate chip, which he has now deemed his favorite. So he kept saying that he wanted mint chocolate chip again, and I was just hoping they would have it! Luckily, they did, and he enjoyed his little guy cone. Mine was good too, and it was the biggest scoop of ice cream I ever saw. Josh said he was thinking about getting 2 scoops till he saw the size of the scoop they gave to me.
Are people in fast food restaurants not required to wear hats or hair nets or anything? I’ve had 2 recent experiences with hair in my food. A few weeks ago I stopped at Taco Bell for lunch. I hadn’t eaten there in years after hearing a story that someone told me, about someone they know ordering some item from there. He started eating it and thought it tasted funny, so he took it back up to the counter and told them that the sour cream tasted funny. They informed him that that item didn’t come with sour cream…YUCK! But it was on the way to where I was going so I stopped there. I figured it would be hard to eat the burrito while I was driving, so I waited till I got where I was going so I could safely park the car and eat my lunch. About 3 bites into the burrito I saw a hair poking up. I do shed sometimes, so I wasn’t sure at first if it was mine or not. I started pulling on it to see if it was just laying on top if my food, and I nearly threw up when the hair pulled right out of the middle of the burrito, covered in sauce & cheese. GROSS!!! Needless to say, I did not finish it, and won’t be back to Taco Bell for a VERY LONG TIME. Well then this morning I stopped at Chick-fil-A to use my September calendar coupon. I had to buy hash browns with it, which I don’t normally buy, but it was required in order to get the free chicken minis, which I LOVE. Well, I had eaten about half the hash browns, when I discovered that one of them had a black hair stuck on it. Definitely not mine, and again, I nearly threw up. What is going on??? I really do not want to write Chick-fil-A off because it is normally so yummy. Maybe I will just avoid the hash browns from now on.
The Wii is supposed to come tomorrow! Except that we probably won’t actually get it till Monday because they shipped it with a signature required. Since nobody will be home tomorrow (other than Herschel), they won’t leave it. But they will try again on Monday. Josh’s mom is flying down on Saturday morning and will be here till Wednesday, so she will be there Monday to sign for it. I’m bummed that we won’t be able to set it up and try it out this weekend, but what’s a few more days…
September Quotes
2 months ago
3 comments:
EEEEEEEEWWWWW! I almost gagged reading your post about hair in food. That completely grosses me out.
YAY for Zachary though!!!
Ha! Gotcha back for that nasty spider you posted a few days ago! :)
My stomach just lurched reading your food stories. Hope you have better luck this week.
Post a Comment