Monday, September 29, 2008

What Happened???

Wow. This weekend sort of fell apart from all sides. We were planning movie night for Zachary on Friday, except that plan was scrapped when I showed up at school to pick him up & he had just had an accident. Accident = no movie night. Needless to say, he was pretty upset. We’ll try again for this Friday. Saturday was just a disaster – at least as far as the Dawgs go. Where were they? Were they still on west coast time? I don’t know, but that game was SO painful that we had to leave at halftime. I know we ended up missing the best part (Josh has been going around saying we won the 2nd half 30-10…unfortunately, there are 2 halves in the game, not one). It was just too little too late. You allow your opponent to put up 31 points on you in the first half (without scoring any for yourself), and it is next to impossible to climb out of that kind of hole. So we decided that getting home and sleeping was more important than continuing to torture ourselves by watching more of that debacle. I can’t even say we were alone. Although it may have appeared on TV like the stadium was still full in the 2nd half, there were TONS of people bailing with us at halftime. To top off the weekend, Liam has decided that sleeping at night is for the birds, so we’ve been up A LOT over the past few nights. It’s getting old.

There were a few bright spots in the weekend. We fired up the Wii Friday evening after the guys went to bed. I beat Josh in bowling AND golf! Ha! I beat him by 2 strokes in golf, and we just played the little 3 hole game. Pretty good for me! I absolutely LOVE the boxing – but I was SO sore yesterday! Josh said that meant I needed to box some more. So I boxed more while Zachary was napping. He is on pins & needles waiting for our 2nd controller to arrive so he can “kick my butt” in boxing. Right. Go ahead and try. I had some pretty good KOs myself this weekend. I also tested out the Wii Fit some more. On Friday we had set up our profiles, but then didn’t get back in till yesterday to do some of the stuff. Melissa had said that it makes comments if you don't do it every day, and I did get harassed by the Wii Fit for not getting on it Saturday. Give me a break – I have 2 kids and a football game to go to! My favorite thing so far in there is the ski jumping. I’m curious to see how much you have to play before it gives you other things to do.

We also went to a fun birthday party yesterday. Our next door neighbors had a super hero party for their son. It was fun – they had made capes for all the kids, had web-slinging (aka, silly string), a piñata, and giant mural painting in the back yard. It was fun! Josh was so intrigued by the piñata – it was one where you pull on a string on the bottom instead of beat it with a stick. He claims he had never seen it before (even though they had one at the party we went to a few weeks ago…). Zachary was bummed because the piñata was opened up before he got to pull a string. It’s not nearly as exciting as beating it with a stick, but I have to say that there is nothing scarier than a bunch of 3 & 4-year-olds with a giant stick.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

For real, I went to bed instead of putting myself through more misery. I hope Zachary gets a movie night this week!