Sunday, March 29, 2009

Fire Truck Party

Yesterday I took Zachary to another birthday party - this was seriously like birthday party month. Thankfully this last one was not at Monkey Joe's, as the previous 2 had been. This one was at a fire station! There's one right near our house, and that was where they had it. Apparently this little boy loves fire trucks, and his dad had had a fire station birthday party as a kid, so the mom thought it would be a great idea. They started the party with pizza & cake in the "living room" area of the station. Then some of the firemen took the kids (and us parents) on a tour. We got to see the living area, as well as the locker room area, and of course the truck (only one was there - apparently the other one had to go on a call just before the party started). Because Milton is a new city, the fire trucks are still shiny & new. They let the kids climb in it & play in it for a while. They loved it! At one point Zachary had gotten into the driver's seat and was pretending to drive it, when one of the firemen got in and turned the truck on. He then started to beep the horn, and next thing I knew, Zachary was crying to get out. So I got him out, and he wanted to go back in the back part with the rest of the kids. As soon as he got in the back, they shut the door, and Zachary started saying he wanted out again. I went over to the window and told him that he'd be fine, the truck's not going anywhere. Only, little did I know, the truck was about to pull out! Yep - they actually drove the truck out with all the kids inside! They really only pulled out onto the road and then back into the parking lot/garage. I was texting Josh as the truck left, and it was literally back before I had finished my text. Short trip, but Zachary was not amused. I asked him if he liked it, and he did not. Guess there is no future in firefighting for him.

This afternoon Zachary was watching Little Einsteins. I think Liam really likes this show too - this was how we found Liam as the show was starting:


Not quite the same as Owen's TV pose, but still funny. He stood there with his shirt up & rubbing his belly through the whole theme song. I just realized you can see in the background, Josh appears to be straddling Herschel...don't know what that's all about...

1 comment:

Sarah said...

OMG, I don't know who Owen is, but I clicked on the link and that is HILARIOUS!! Matthew does the same thing (not while watching TV, but at other random times).