Friday, March 13, 2009

Joint Account

I have been wondering about this for a while now – what’s up with joint facebook accounts? Do any of you who are on facebook have friends who share a page with their spouse? I do. It’s someone I know from high school. I know him, but not his wife, yet they share a facebook page, so it’s almost as if I know her. I’ll change their names for the purpose of this, but it’s as if they are a person whose first name is John Suzy and last name Miller. It makes status updates odd, because they have to do things like, “John Suzy Miller Suzy got her hair cut today and John just got home from work”. I’m confused! It’s not like facebook costs money to join (at least not right now), so having a joint page isn’t saving them money or anything. Could it be a matter of trust or insecurity that makes one (or both) of them need to be able to see everything the other is doing on there? I have nothing to hide – and if I did, I certainly wouldn’t put in on facebook. I trust that Josh isn’t doing any shady business on facebook either. I just don’t see the point in sharing a page. Joint checking account, sure. Joint facebook account, ehhhh…

I had another funny story about Liam to share, but it's got a picture to go with it, and for some reason yesterday our computer was being stupid and wouldn't let me download pictures off the camera. So I'll save that story for when I can get the picture downloaded to put with it. In the meantime, I hope everyone has a nice weekend!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Ha! I have a friend who has a joint acct. I think when they initially signed up, the husband was signing up and he put her name on it because she didn't want to sign up or something weird like that. It is confusing though. Especially when I'm trying to chat with them on FB -- I'll be talking to them, thinking I'm talking to my friend and then I'll get a message saying it's actually the husband!

Meredith said...

Ok, that is just ODD!

Mel said...

I think that is really weird!! And, even if only one wanted to sign up at first, I would change that account to one name and do another account. Strange!