Sunday, March 15, 2009

Sleepy Boy

On Tuesday when I picked Liam up in his class, his teacher told me that he hadn’t really had a good nap that day. She said he maybe napped for a total of 30 minutes, but it wasn’t good sleep, and it wasn’t all together. She tried rubbing his back, and she tried holding him too, but nothing seemed to work. Got to Zachary’s room – no nap either. I saw a fun evening with 2 grouchy boys in our future! We got home and they both wanted snacks. So I gave them their snacks, and put Mickey Mouse Clubhouse on TV for Zachary. Liam actually enjoys TV too (which is oddly refreshing – when Zachary was this age, he would turn off the TV & walk away – it used to frustrate me!) Zachary usually sits on the couch, and Liam has really taken to sitting in his little Pottery Barn Anywhere Chair. They were happily watching Mickey, so I went to the kitchen to start cooking dinner. I can usually count on Liam staying in there for no more than 10 minutes before he starts wandering, so I generally check in there every few minutes just to make sure he’s still there (don’t want anymore incidents like the other day when he climbed all the way up the stairs by himself). Every time I looked in, I could see him sitting in his little chair. He was doing really good in the chair – usually he likes to get up & walk around, but yesterday he was firmly planted in his chair. Then I realized this is why he was staying put in his chair:



He was fast asleep! Poor guy – he was so tired. His teacher says every day that he’s teething, but we just have not been able to see (or feel) evidence of these supposed new teeth.

Yesterday's photo session did not go as I had planned. Zachary did OK, all things considered. He had a few moments of not listening, but I know she was able to get some good ones of him. Liam, on the other hand decided that screaming the whole time would be more productive. So I have no idea what she was able to get out of him. She always amazes me with great pictures, but he just would not smile. At all. Sometimes the serious faces make great photos too, but I wish he would have given her one smile. I think our selection of Liam pictures (as well as pictures of the 2 of them together) are going to be limited, just because he wasn't being very cooperative. As soon as I get the link to the gallery I'll share it on here.

2 comments:

Carrie Davis said...

Awww, that is so cute, sleepy boy in the chair :)

Meredith said...

Aw, sweet boy!