Sunday, April 18, 2010

Hungry Sunday: Simple Shredded Pork Tacos

I had intended to post a recipe each week - obviously, that has not happened, but I have been wanting to post this one for a while.  It's super easy, and super yummy - I hope yall love it as much as we do!

Simple Shredded Pork Tacos

2 pounds boneless pork roast
1 cup salsa
1 can (4 oz) chopped green chilies (we normally leave this out)
1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper

Place all ingredients in slow cooker.  Cover; cook on low 8 hours, or until meat is tender.  To serve, use 2 forks to shred pork.  Serve with tortillas and your favorite condiments.

(I also imagine this would be equally yummy made with a beef roast - we haven't tried that yet though, because we always seem to be able to come up with plenty of beef recipes...it's pork & turkey that we always struggle with.  I like this because it's SO simple - the meat doesn't have to be pre-cooked, and there is minimal measuring involved - and no chopping!)

No comments: