Monday, May 24, 2010

Another T-Ball Season Over

2010 T-Ball picture


















The Team - 2010 YMCA 4-year-old Rockies

This past weekend was a huge milestone in our spring. It was the last t-ball game! Last year, I thought it was kind of silly that the three-year-old league only had about 6 “games”, no practices, etc. – it hardly seemed worth it, but it was a good introduction. So I was super excited that Zachary would have more games this year, and he would have practices…it was going to be so fun! And it was fun, but the season seemed to last forever. It didn’t help that we got started, and then took a 2-week break for spring break before resuming (the YMCA’s schedule, not ours). But we finally made it, and I think everyone had a great time along the way. Last year’s team mom decided we should have our end-of-season party at the school following the last game. It was pretty lame, but the kids didn’t seem to care – there was food, so they were happy. But I decided we needed to step it up this year, so we offered to host the party at our house after the game. We had all the kids bring bathing suits, and we had a couple of sprinklers set up. They had a blast! Josh & I provided burgers, hot dogs, and beverages, and the other families all brought sides & desserts to share. Everyone had a great time. It was a nice way to relax & socialize outside of t-ball, and let the kids just run & play, without having to worry about catching & throwing, or where to run next. Once everyone had their food, one of the moms presented Josh & his assistant coach with some gift cards to thank them for all their hard work. Then Josh & the assistant coach presented the kids with their trophies. What kid doesn’t love a trophy??

By the time the last family left, we were exhausted! It had been a long morning, but a fun morning. I’m so glad we hosted the party, and so glad the weather held out for us! Oh, and it was also totally cool that Mark Wohlers was at our house, eating food in our back yard!

2 comments:

Drena said...

did you get his autograph? :)

Tami said...

HA HA! That is awesome! I think I would have been starstruck! :) And then I would have been panicing trying to clean my house just because he was coming over! :)