When we bought our house almost 8 years ago, it was located in an unincorporated part of Fulton County, with an Alpharetta mailing address. Then a few years ago, the area we lived in took a vote (which passed) to become the city of Milton. While I have been very slow to embrace the name "Milton" (it sounds so redneck-y, and doesn't have the name recognition that Alpharetta has), I have definitely embraced the community we live in.
I love that Zachary has friends who he has known since he was 2 years old (one since they were babies).
I love that we have become friends with these kids' parents, and that we enjoy hanging out with them.
I love that we have a growing number of local (i.e., non-chain) restaurants and dessert places that we can visit, that are practically within spitting distance of our house.
I love that Zachary goes to one of the best public schools in the state.
I love that we've seen our dentist at Costco; that we've seen one of Liam's old teachers at Trader Joe's (and that her daughter waited on us at Frontera one night); that we run into neighbors (and classmates) in Kroger.
I love that Zachary already knew several kids in his class this year before school even started, thanks to previous years' baseball teams and his daycare/pre-K.
I love that Zachary practically knew half his baseball team this year for the same reason (and that the sister of one of his teammates is in Liam's class - so they entertain each other during the games).
I love that on the same day, we can run into Liam's teacher walking in the park during one of Zachary's baseball games, and then later that same day, we can run into Zachary's teacher having dinner with her grandchildren at one of our favorite local restaurants (and that she didn't even seem to notice that Zachary & Liam weren't nearly as well-behaved as her grandchildren, but she still stopped by our table on her way out to tell them how good they were being).
I love Milton, GA.
September Quotes
2 months ago
No comments:
Post a Comment