Friday, June 3, 2011

Happy Birthday Zachary!


It doesn’t seem like it’s been six years since our family really began. It seems like just yesterday that he was born, yet it also seems like he’s been here forever.

And now he has finished his kindergarten year! I’m not even sure how that happened – weren’t we just out there saying goodbye to him on his first day of school?


Zachary went to karate camp on Tuesday (his actual birthday), but Josh picked him up early, and took both boys to the pool. For dinner Zachary wanted sandwiches…so strange. After sandwiches, he opened his presents. He has been asking for a Nintendo DS for a while now, and we gave him the option for his birthday of either a DS or we could re-do his bedroom (I think he’s over the train theme at this point…). He didn’t really have to think about it – he wanted the DS. So he finally got his DS yesterday and was SO excited! I think he really feels like a big kid. My mom asked him how it feels to be six, and he said he feels more like he’s ten. Ha! What??

After presents, we headed over to Scoops, a local ice cream shop. The boys’ favorite flavor there is Superman. I think it’s basically vanilla, but it’s colored bright red, yellow, and blue. They love it. We even let Zachary have the chocolate chip cookie cone since it was his birthday. Now that he’s six, we just need to work on eating ice cream with a little more grace…


His birthday party with his friends is tomorrow (it’s been a week of celebrations!), but I’d say he’s had a pretty good birthday so far.  More to come after his party tomorrow!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ZACHARY! Daddy & I love you SO much!!!

1 comment:

Carrie Davis said...

Happy Birthday Zachary! What a good lookin' kid!