We did have a really fun weekend. Yesterday morning started with a massage for me. It wasn't my favorite massage ever, but even a wimpy massage is better than no massage, right? Then after Zachary's big tooth knockout at karate on Thursday, we weren't sure how he'd feel about going back so soon. But to our surprise, he was ready to go yesterday morning. I think his teacher was really proud of him too. After karate we had lunch, and then Josh took the boys to get haircuts while I met up with my mom to see The Help. I haven't read the book yet (although I did read a free sample on my Nook), but I'm pretty sure I will try to read it as soon as I have a chance. It was a great movie, and I would imagine the book is probably a great read too. We capped off the day with a picnic in our neighborhood park area, before the movie on the lawn (featuring Toy Story 3). This was the first time they've done that in our neighborhood - I hope they do it again because it was a lot of fun! They had a DJ who played lots of fun music & did some trivia, and games for the kids. Zachary got 2 of the trivia questions right (thank to josh giving him the answer), so he won a couple of small prizes. The movie started later than I would have liked (the hula hoop contest went on a little too long), and it looked like a lot of people left at some point during the movie (it wasn't over until close to 11). But Zachary & Liam both hung in there. Liam fell asleep in the wagon on the walk home, as usual. We figured this was good practice for our planned trip to Stone Mountain next weekend for the laser show, as well as our trip to Disney next summer, when the fireworks will be much later than on our 2 previous trips.
Since we were up so late last night, we decided to skip church, and go out for breakfast. We went to the Orignal Pancake House. We left our house around 11 to head down to Turner field for the Braves game. Every year we end up going sometime in July or August, and every year we promise ourselves that we will go earlier in the season the next year. Yet every year, we just don't get around to it until July or August, when it is super hot out. Today was no exception - so hot. But they were giving away Brian McCann jerseys to the kids, so that was fun. They wanted to put them on right away, but Liam ended up taking his off because it was so big on him. We made it 4 innings, which may be a record for the boys. We listened to the rest in the car on our way home - they won, so that was nice to hear (plus, we saw the homerun that was the one and only run in the game, so that was cool too).
It was a fun, busy weekend, and we're ready to see what this week brings!
No comments:
Post a Comment