Today was Zachary's first day of 1st grade! I still can't believe that! He wasn't jumping out of his shoes or anything, but I think he was excited. He was mainly excited to use his new backpack & lunchbox (although we are both a little disappointed in the new backpack...it's the same size he had last year from the same place, but they've made it smaller, and it looks like it's more uncomfortable...unfortunately, he's going to just have to deal with it, because it's what we bought). He was also excited about his desk, and his pencil box. It's the little things...
We did the same thing we did last year on his first day of kindergarten - we put him on the bus and then met him at school to go to his classroom with him. He gets on the bus at the last stop on the route, but somehow I managed to beat the bus to school. I like that he still wants us to walk him to his classroom on the first day, because I know there will come a day that he'll tell us not to come. I can't wait to see what first grade brings for our little guy!
No comments:
Post a Comment