On Thursday Josh & I visited Liam's classroom for his class birthday celebration. It's a little bit different at his school - there are no cupcakes, no goody bags, etc. All the kids sit in a circle, and Liam walks around showing everyone pictures from when he was born, and every year on his birthday up to the current age. Each time as he walked, Josh & I talked about what he was like at the age of the picture he was holding. In between pictures, they sing a song about the earth going around the sun, as Liam walked around the circle holding a globe.
After he'd been around the circle 4 times, we sat in the midde of the carpet while the class sang Happy Birthday in English & Spanish, an then Liam got to blow out a candle.
Finally, it was time for Liam to walk around the circle once more, getting hugs & handshakes from his classmates.
It's a cute little celebration, and I'm glad we got to go. We have one more birthday celebration tonight, and then that will wrap up a week of celebrations!
No comments:
Post a Comment