
We arrived at the karate school, and Zachary was going to be a helper in Liam's class. They were ready to go!

But then the class started...they always start off with some stretching & warm-ups. The teacher was having them do push-ups, and he noticed Liam having a hard time, so he picked up his feet. He does this a lot, and it's not to be mean - he just likes messing with the kids, and I guess he figured that Liam has been around enough that he could mess with him a little bit. Only, Liam wasn't happy about being messed with. He burst into tears, and that was the end of that - he refused to participate in the rest of the class. Sigh...
After the little guy class was over, we stayed for Zachary's class. Then we headed over to Wills Park for Touch-A-Truck. By the time we got there, it was pretty crowded, and had gotten nice & hot. I think we lasted an hour. We hit a few highlights, then got snowcones, and headed back to the car. (and unfortunately I accidentally brought my telephoto lens, so I wasn't able to take any pictures with my camera - just snapped a few with my phone).


After we had lunch at the world's slowest Mellow Mushroom, we came home & the boys & I got cleaned up for our date. I had made a reservation for us to go to the Chick-fil-A Mother-Son Date Knight. Now, when we first told Zachary about it, he rolled his eyes so hard that I was sure they were going to spin all the way around & come back up from the bottom. He was really not thrilled. But Josh talked to them about what to do on a date, and gave them each jobs - Liam's job was opening doors & holding them open, and Zachary was in charge of money. So by the time the date rolled around, they seemed excited. The boys wanted to wear their Easter outfits & get all dressed up.


When we had finished, Zachary admitted that it had been more fun than he thought it would be. We topped the date off with a trip to Menchie's. It was a good evening, and they asked if we could do it again sometime.
No comments:
Post a Comment