Liam had stayed home from school last Thursday because of his stomach bug. But we felt OK about sending him back on Friday. I was on my way to a work volunteer activity, when I got a call from his teacher – he had thrown up. Sigh…so I turned around and went back to pick him up. He & I stayed home all day, and he was fine the rest of the day. I’m not sure what that was, but it was a one-time thing. But by that evening, my stomach wasn’t feeling so hot. I was convinced that I would be next. I never did get sick, but the next morning, I still wasn’t feeling great. But we all went over to my mom’s house for Josh’s birthday lunch. Since his birthday fell on Mother’s Day this year, we celebrated a day early. I was finally able to give him his super-secret amazing gift. I got him the food grinder attachment for the Kitchen-Aid mixer, along with a recipe book and stuff to make sausage. He loves sausage, so I thought, why not try making his own? Plus, we can also use it to grind our own ground beef, etc., and never have to wonder what else is in there.
The next morning I woke up to breakfast in bed! It was so sweet – they brought me a waffle with the special homemade caramel syrup that I like, along with some strawberries with chocolate sauce, and some flowers. Unfortunately, my stomach still wasn’t feeling great, so I didn’t feel like eating much other than the strawberries. After that, we headed to church. About 15 minutes before the service was over, I got a text from the kids’ area – Zachary’s tummy hurts. Can you come get him? Uh oh…We got both boys & headed on home. Within 2 hours, the bug had officially gotten Zachary. After his 2nd round, I gave him some Zofran as well, which made a big difference.
So for the rest of the day, we just lounged. It was raining. Zachary was sick. I still wasn’t feeling hot. And Josh was trying to avoid being the 4th Cahill to succumb to the bug – on his birthday, no less. It wasn’t a perfect birthday for him, or a perfect Mother’s Day for me, but I just kept reminding myself to be thankful that we were all sick that particular weekend, instead of this one coming up. It would be no fun to be sick on vacation.
September Quotes
2 months ago
No comments:
Post a Comment