1. Our neighborhood arranged to have an Ice cream truck at the pool after school, and we had planned to go. But then we remembered the chaos of last year, and with all we had to do, we talked the boys into going to Kroger & letting them pick out whatever kind of ice cream treat they wanted (we didn't even make them agree!). Then we came home, and they ate their ice cream & played in the sprinkler.
2. Finish packing
3. Load the car
4. BRB test
Yes, Zachary’s karate school scheduled the belt test for today at 5:30. On the last day of school! It’s like, welcome to summer, have some ice cream, and now let’s go take a test! He’d been to class all week, and I know that he knew his stuff. He knew it last time, but didn’t pass, mainly because he was so stinking nervous – and they could tell. He did take a re-test on that one and passed. But today he tested for his red belt. He’s been through the test before, so he wasn't as nervous. But since we will be gone next week, there’s no opportunity for a re-test. If he doesn’t pass, he’ll have to wait for the next test in July. I hope he passes, just because I know it would make him so happy. But not passing would have other benefits. We should find out the results on Tuesday.
And now, in a few short hours, we’re off to DisneyWorld! I can’t wait! We’ve had a paper chain countdown since right after spring break. It had 40-something links in it when we started, so it was weird looking at it this morning with just 2. We’ve been planning this trip since late last summer – hard to believe it’s finally here! I’ll probably be “absent” again for the next week or so – I doubt I’ll have time to blog during the trip. But when I get back, look for a post (or a few!) about the trip!



(this fun mom at the bus stop this afternoon was handing out water guns, noisemakers, and silly string to the other parents so we could have a big hoopla when the kids got off the bus)


No comments:
Post a Comment