Sunday, June 24, 2012

Girl's Weekend

This weekend was our nearly annual girls weekend. I say "nearly annual" because we were going every year for a while but then there were so many babies being born that it just got hard. But now that most of us are out of the infant stage (for now), we're trying to make this an annual thing again. For the 2nd year now, we went to Cherry Log, GA to stay in Erin's parents' cabin in the mountains. It's a really nice cabin, and they have done a lot of renovating and adding on since last year, so there was even more space for everyone. We had fun shopping in Blue Ridge yesterday, and just hanging out & catching up. Although I'd love it if we all got to see each other all the time, it's so nice to have a weekend away to get caught up.




(Merri, Kimberly, Natalie, Me, Erin, Amanda)

While I was away, I did enjoy seeing what the boys were up to back home. It started with a pillow fort (which I hear they got to sleep in for both nights!)





Next up was a picnic lunch at the pool yesterday.





And then some of the Avengers showed up - IronMan and Spiderman!





When I got back today my car was DIRTY. The cabin is on a gravel road with a gravel driveway and it just got super dusty driving in & out. So I found these cute car washers to fix it up.





It was a good weekend (although I'm SUPER tired! Going to bed at 2am will do that to ya!). Here's a couple more photos to leave you with. I saw these chips at the Ingle's in Ellijay. All I can say is EWWWWW!





And then we made another trip to the butcher store today and Zachary was so excited to come in & pose with the butt - which, incidentally, is what we were there to buy. :)





Finally, here are the boys after their first ever week of VBS was over.





I think they ended up liking it & I hope we can work it out for them to go again next year. The funniest part was after the hassle of having to wash their shirts every day, they ended up having to be washed one more time yesterday for one more wearing today. We got an email asking for the kids to wear their shirts to church today for a special surprise after the 11:00 service. We normally go to the 9:30 service, but we wanted to see what the surprise was. I was still on my way home from the mountains, but Josh & the boys went. The surprise was a popsicle from King of Pops! I was so jealous - I've been wanting to try one, but they never seem to come up this way, and we are never in the parts of town they do go to. But that was a nice treat for them as we prepare to go back to camps this week.

No comments: