Wednesday, July 18, 2012

I'm Back!

I hate it when I take such a long (unintentional) break from the blog. Because then I feel like I have to give the quick highlights of everything that has happened, rather than the full story.

Anyway...since my last post, we've been busy, as usual. I took another painting class, and this might be one of my favorite paintings I've done. It looks like it would be really tedious, but this was probably one of the easier ones I've done.





Then we took a day trip to Chattanooga at the end of June. We hadn't been to the Creative Discovery Museum since December, and since that was the middle of the awful 100-degree-plus heat wave, we decided we needed a fun indoor activity.













Our next activity was a date night for Josh and me - we went to Philips Arena to see Coldplay. It was our 2nd time seeing them, and even though their concerts are kind of short by concert standards, they are always amazing. They really put on a performance. It started with these...





They handed out these wristbands in various colors when we went in the arena. We wondered what they did, and it wasn't long into the show before we figured it out...





It was so cool to see a whole arena of glowing wristbands that were blinking to the beat of the music!













These are all from my phone, so they're not the best, but you'll just have to trust me that it was cool!

No comments: