Wednesday, July 18, 2012

July 4 Week

The day after the Coldplay concert, I went to the orthopedic doctor about this knot I'd had on my knee that would send shooting pains up my leg when I'd kneel on it. Lucky me got to have my very first cortisone shot! Yay! It wasn't the most pleasant thing as she did it (after all, every other shot I'd ever had has gone into a "squishy" part, like my arm, leg, or butt - this was going into my bony knee!). She warned me that the numbing stuff that went in with the shot would wear off in the evening, but that it would feel better by Friday (it was Tuesday...). But to my surprise, it never really hurt. It felt a little funny that night, but I took Aleve and iced it, and it was fine. So that was nice.

What was NOT nice, was waking up the next morning - July 4 - with a raging sore throat. I found an urgent care clinic that was open, so I spent part of my morning there getting a strep test. It was negative, but the doctor decided that it "looked like strep", so he gave me an antibiotic anyway. I also got a steroid shot - YAY! Shots 2 days in a row! This time it was in my butt, and the nurse was so good, I didn't even feel it. I spent a large portion of the day sleeping on the couch. I even missed out on the afternoon pool trip because I was hoping to feel up to going out for fireworks later. Luckily I did, so we headed out to Wills Park for a picnic & fireworks. On our first night in Disneyworld we parked ourselves in what we thought would be a great spot for the fireworks. However, we missed most of them because of a large tree - most of the fireworks were bursting right behind that tree. Well, on the 4th, it was like Disney all over again. There was a big tree, and most of the fireworks were behind it. So we decided next year we need to find a new spot in the park to view them from. We still had a good time though.








No comments: