Sunday, September 23, 2012

Fall Birthday Party

Today I took Liam to a birthday party for a little girl who was in his class when he first started at his current school. They were only in the same class for the first half of that year, because in January of that school year, Liam moved into the next class, and she stayed behind. Then at the beginning of last year, she got placed into a different class. But we always enjoyed talking with her parents, and we have continued including each other in our kids' parties, even though they're not in the same class.

They live in this amazing house that's kind of in the middle of nowhere, but also really close to everything, if that makes any sense. They had an action-packed party today that consisted of sand art, pumpkin decorating, a princess castle piƱata, pizza, cake, and horse rides. Yes, I said horse rides, not pony rides. This family has 2 horses that they keep right on their property, and they let the kids take turns going for a very short ride on the older of the 2 horses. I practically had to beg Liam to even get up on the horse, but he finally gave in. He refused to go for a ride on it (the girl's mom led the horse the whole way, and I even offered to stay with him & hold his leg, but he still refused). At least I was able to get a nice photo.




And here he is with his sand art. It's not so "artsy" though because he just wanted his pumpkin all one color - orange - so it would look like a real pumpkin. He even had me draw a jack-o-lantern face on it when we got home. Also, I'm not sure what's up with the weird look on his face...




At 5:00 (2 hours into the party) he asked to go home, and even though the party appeared to be going on for a little longer, I didn't feel like forcing him to stay of he wanted to go. Unfortunately he didn't get to decorate his pumpkin, but they gave him one to bring home anyway. It was a fun-filled birthday party, on a beautiful day with perfect weather.

No comments: