I thought this story deserved its own post - the story of picking out this year's Christmas tree. We went to Home Depot to pick it out.
Zachary stayed home with Josh's parents, but Liam wanted to come with us. He helped us pick out our giant tree, and then we got it loaded onto the roof of the car.
On our way home, we passed a turkey walking on the sidewalk. Because he was pretty much just standing there, I insisted that Josh turn the car around so Liam could see it, and so I could take a picture. So we turned around, and then pulled up alongside Mr. Turkey, just standing on the sidewalk.
Isn't he cool?? Well, he was cool, until he started chasing us! That's right! He went from just kind of standing there, to running towards the car. Josh hit the gas & we got the heck out of there. It was funny after the fact, but I will tell you that it's a little scary when a turkey charges at your car!
The other Christmas tree tradition we started this year was putting a tree in each of the boys' rooms. I got to thinking back when I moved out of my mom's house, and we split up our ornaments so I could have some for my own tree. I got to thinking that it would be nice if the boys had their very own collection of ornaments when they move out. So we got them each their own tree, and started them off with3 ornaments and a topper. My mom got them each a new ornament, and then Josh's parents always give us personalized ornaments. Zachary & Liam snagged theirs for their own trees instead of putting them on the big tree this year. They were SO excited about having their own trees, so hopefully each year as they add new ornaments to their trees, they will continue to love the tradition! (I just wish we had thought about doing this years ago!)
September Quotes
2 months ago
No comments:
Post a Comment