October always starts off with a bang – my birthday! It was pretty low-key this year since it was
on a Wednesday. But we were back to
Athens on Saturday 10/4 for the Vandy game.
This was the day I realized my camera had been on the wrong setting for
about a month. Sad face. Thankfully I fixed it in time to get some
pics from the day.
The next day was finally my birthday dinner – lasagna, salad, garlic bread, and chocolate cake from Rhodes Bakery. YUM!
On 10/8 we had our conferences with the boys’ teachers. We went to see Mrs. Fain first about
Zachary. She’s new to the school this
year but not a new teacher. She is just
so sweet, and thinks Zachary is so precious.
I always laugh a little about that.
She had nothing but good things to say about him, and she seems to have really
figured him out and discovered what works and what doesn’t. Then we went to Mrs. Walker’s class to talk
about Liam. Liam is actually in Mrs. Brutlag’s class, but like Zachary, when he
was in first grade, Liam doesn’t stay with her.
Since he’s with Mrs. Walker the longest, that’s who we had our
conference with. She’s nice, but you
could tell she was choosing her words more carefully. “He’s so full of energy!” “He’s very social.” I may not be a teacher, but I can crack that
code. But, that being said, he’s still
doing really well, and I do think she enjoys him…she just can’t rely on him to
quietly sit and do his work without being told.
On 10/9 I was back at school to help out with Liam’s class
in the science lab. They were learning
about sound, and I think they had a fun time!
Luckily we had enough volunteers that I was able to just roam around and
take pictures, rather than run one of the stations.
We ended that week with Zachary’s karate graduation on
10/10. He passed his novice test last
month, and this was the day he would get his new belt. They broke it up, with trial course going
first, then black belt course, then Master’s course. So it was a smaller group, which meant plenty
of seating. There weren’t that many kids
actually there for the graduation, but it was fine – Zachary received his belt
and we were so proud of him!
No comments:
Post a Comment