Time to play catch-up again!
Here’s a rundown of our last month.
On 3/28, the boys’ school held their annual Colt Cup Fun
Run. Both boys were excited to run this year – Zachary had moved up to the 2
mile distance, and Liam was planning to run the 1 mile for the first time. The
older kids ran first, and Zachary had a good pace, but there were a number of
kids who just smoked it. I think he was a little disappointed with his time,
but I thought he did great. When it was time for the younger kids to run, Liam
got lined up, and they took off. I had turned to take a picture of Zachary
& some of his friends when I started hearing people say “Liam fell!” I
looked over, and Josh’s dad had scooped him up and was carrying him off.
Apparently just after they took off, Liam got tangled up with some other kids
and just wiped out on the pavement. He probably didn't even make it 50 feet. He
was all scraped up on his knee and elbow, and there was no way he could finish.
I was SO bummed for him, because he missed out on running and getting the
medal.
That afternoon, Josh and Zachary went back up to the school
to help with Hands on CCES. We had Zachary participate in this in order to get
more community service hours for his black belt test.
On 4/1, Zachary’s team played their last baseball game
before spring break (unfortunately, Liam’s team’s last game before spring break
got rained out, so their last game before spring break ended up being their
game from 3/29). The Yankees beat the
Giants 13-5. This happened so long ago, that I don’t remember the details (and
usually when my mom isn't there, I text her updates throughout the game – but
she was at this game, so I don’t even have any updates to look at). But based
on the score, it must have been a good game! Lol!
The next day was Easter. That was our only reservation about
doing the Color Run – last time we did it, we had spots where they dye stained
and we couldn't get it off for a few days. Luckily we were able to get it
mostly off – enough so it wasn't too noticeable for Easter. We did our egg hunt
at home in the morning, before church. Then in the afternoon we headed over to
my mom’s house for egg hunt #2, and Easter dinner. It was a nice day!
Spring break was a little different this year. We had
originally signed Zachary up for camp at Wall to Wall, but they emailed the
week before saying they had to cancel due to not having enough kids. That
really stunk, because under normal circumstances, we would have both been
working that week, which would have really left us in a lurch. But thankfully
it turned out to be not too big of a deal. We had Liam scheduled to have his
adenoid surgery on Monday of spring break, and had planned to have someone home
every day while he recovered. It just meant a boring spring break for Zachary.
But the surgery went well – I think it suddenly hit Liam what was happening
once we got called back to the room and he had to put the gown on. I got to go
back with him and be there while he fell asleep. When they finally brought him
back, he looked so pitiful at first, and at one point started crying – I think
his throat was really hurting (probably from the tube they put in), but by the
time we got home, he was running all over the place. We kept having to tell him
to just sit down and rest. Zachary had spent Sunday night with my mom, and they
had gone to Dahlonega to pan for gold & gems that day. So at least he had
something fun going on.
Josh took Tuesday off to hang with the kids, and then I took
Wednesday off. We went to the movies to see Home, and then later we walked up
to the lake so Zachary could attempt to go fishing. We couldn't get the rod to
work, so it was a bust. But it was a nice day (although VERY pollen-y), so we
stayed outside as much as we could tolerate the pollen.
On Friday my mom hung out with them and they went to Top
Golf. They even got to have lunch there (including cheese dip!), so that was an
extra special treat. And she even took them to Barnes & Noble and loaded
them up with new books. All in all, it wasn't a bad spring break.
On Saturday 4/11, my mom was back with the boys while Josh
and I went to Gainesville for Jeremy & Terenca’s wedding. The wedding was outside, and it was the most
beautiful day for an outside wedding! It was great to catch up with our friends
(many of whom we hadn't seen since Matt’s funeral).
On Monday 4/13, I flew to NYC for work. I had focus groups
there that night, but my boss & I decided to head up there earlier and
sight see beforehand. The early morning flight was rough, but I’m glad we did
it. We walked over to Bryant Park, and then we found a pizza place for lunch. Then we went over to Times Square and went in
M&M World and Starbucks. Then we still had time, so we walked over to the
Empire State Building, and took the elevator to the top. What a difference from
the last time when it was a million degrees out – it was a beautiful day in
NYC!
No comments:
Post a Comment