Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Want to Kiss a Jacket???

As if there weren’t already enough reasons to make fun of Georgia Tech, we now have another one. You may have heard about this guy – apparently he’s become pretty well-known, at least locally, over the last couple of days. He’s a 20-year-old Tech student who has been dating this girl – exclusively online! – for 5 years. They’ve never met, and apparently a meeting is planned. Since he has never kissed a girl (go figure), he has posted an ad on Craigslist looking for some help in that department. I know that no self-respecting Dawg would take such desperate action (Why would we? We’re not wasting all our time on video games like the Techies!) Anyway, here’s the link in case you didn’t see it yesterday. It’s pretty funny. I passed it along to a couple of my Techie co-workers, and they really had nothing to say to defend it – in fact, all they could say was that it was a pretty fair representation of the typical Tech student!!

So to my mommy friends with boys (or soon-to-be boys) – please don’t let your little guys end up like this nerd. And to my mommy friends with girls (or soon-to-be girls) – please don’t let your girls end up with nerds like this! On a separate note, we were watching Wipeout last night (that show is absolutely hilarious – I could watch people bounce off those big red balls all day long). One of the female contestants was a 20-year-old from Alaska who was lamenting that she’d never kissed a guy, because all the people in her tiny Alaskan village are somehow related, and she didn’t feel like kissing her cousin. Good call. Too bad they couldn’t hook her up with our local lovable loser. Could have been a match made in heaven.

We haven’t had a whole lot of craziness going on lately – in fact, it’s been pretty quiet at home (as quiet as you could expect with a 3-year-old and a 4-month old). Although this morning when Josh was putting Zachary’s shoes on, Zachary tried telling him they were on the wrong feet. Josh informed him that they were on the correct feet, but Zachary argued that they weren’t. Josh, having a few more years experience with shoes than Zachary, replied “Trust me Zachary – they are on the right feet.” Zachary replied “No, trust ME, Daddy.” Gotta love it. Trusting Zachary these days may not be the best idea...The first night after we got home from Mexico when we were having dinner, Zachary asked for candy afterwards. We told him no candy (I can't remember if there was a reason, such as not eating vegetables, or if we just said no). He said "Well Grandma lets me have candy!" We told him that was nice, but Grandma wasn't there anymore, and we don't usually eat candy every day. So I was telling my mom this yesterday for some reason, and she adamantly denied giving him candy while we were away. I believe her before I believe Zachary...So apparently he will throw you under the bus at all cost - even if there's no real reason to. I guess we should start watching our backs. :)

2 comments:

Meredith said...

Maybe he thinks that his cuteness will help you to trust him all the more. :) hee hee!

I will say that I'm glad my brother isn't that guy! :)

Drena said...

He should go into sales. He is a natural salesman. He seems to even believe what he says!