I really feel like a Christmas slacker this year – decorations went up late…Christmas cards going out late…shopping finished late…I keep thinking I have all this time to finish, and then I realize that it’s already December 15 – there is only a week and a half left to get it all done. I think we are done decorating – we cut a few things back this year just in the interest of time. The cards should hopefully be going out on Thursday (that is, if UPS brings them on Wednesday like they are supposed to). And shopping – well, who knows. Good thing I have a flexible lunch break. That is just about my only time to get things done (it is unfortunate too, because I have had nothing to do at work for a couple of weeks now – I have so many other things I could be doing at home, but instead I have to be at work…doing nothing…). And to top it off, just when I thought we were done with Zachary, he told Santa on Saturday that he wants “outer space things” for Christmas…HUH??? I have no idea where that came from. For weeks all he has been talking about is Power Rangers and Transformers, and suddenly now it’s “outer space things”. Our theory on that is I gave him some little Power Ranger figures on our trip, so maybe that satisfied his need for Power Rangers. And one of my friends gave him a Transformer on Friday for Christmas, so maybe he thinks that is it as far as Transformers go. Who knows. All I know is that I had to run out today and find something “outer space-y” for him, since that is all he told Santa that he wants. I figured it would be bad if Santa could not even come through with the ONE thing he said he wanted…We’ve also got to bake some cookies, and he wants to ride the Pink Pig again…it’s going to be a busy next 10 days (well, really 9 at this point…).
Liam is really getting around. We’ve counted as many as 7 steps at a time! We’ve also been trying to give him more table foods. It’s always hard to know what they can and can’t eat when they don’t have many teeth (and the ones they do have are the biting ones, and not the chewing ones). But he loves pancakes and diced sweet potatoes and cut-up banana. He also really likes canned green beans. Last night we gave him some cut-up chicken and some butternut squash. He seemed to enjoy those as well. And he loved the blueberry applesauce we gave him on Saturday. I’m guessing a lot of that is that he is enjoying the new textures, but hopefully he will be a good eater like Zachary is. It is always nice being able to take him out places and not have to worry about whether or not there will be something there that he will eat. In fact, his tastes are pretty similar to ours, so we have started letting him choose something to have for dinner one night each week. He has chosen things ranging from jambalaya to burgers to this week’s selection – shrimp. Don’t know where that came from – I’m not even sure he’s ever had shrimp before. But Josh has enjoyed whenever Zachary picks seafood because I don’t eat the stuff, but if Zachary picks it, he’ll buy it & fix it for the 2 of them.
September Quotes
2 months ago
1 comment:
I know, I'm right there with you. I can't believe it is 10 days until Christmas. This has just flown by. Liam is walking!! That's awesome. That is the 3rd 10 month old we've seen in 2 weeks that is walking. Charlotte is thinking about it, but no steps yet....
Post a Comment