He has actually been really good with it. He tried a couple of times (briefly) to get it off, and has only successfully gotten it off once so far (at naptime today - I peeked in to check on him and the bandage was all unraveled and placed on his tummy). Hopefully it will be healed enough by Monday morning that we won't have to have them deal with that at school, but they already told us it wouldn't be a problem if he still needs it.
Now, on to a more fun topic...the Blue Twins! That is what I'm calling our new washer & dryer. You may remember our washer konked out on us last week. Well, we had someone come out to look at it, and the repair wasn't going to be TOO awful, but it was enough that we decided it wasn't worth sinking that kind of money into a washing machine that is going on 10 years old. So yesterday (Friday) at lunchtime Josh and I divided & conquered, and we each hit up a couple of places to get info on appliances. After work we decided to head to Lowe's in hopes of purchasing one there. We had decided on the front-loaders because of their efficiency, and I had resigned myself to getting white, since it's usually cheaper. The lady working there showed us a couple different models she recommended. We had decided on this one set that we liked, only she told us it would take about a week to get them in. Not gonna work - I have laundry to do THIS weekend. They had the same model in red, and the price wasn't too bad, so we told her we'd take the red if she had it. No red either. Darn. Then she showed us this other set that was about $200 less than the red set. Same brand, just lacking a couple of features that the red one had, which she said was not worth spending the extra $200 for. So we decided to go with that set. And they are - the Blue Twins:
We haven't tried them out yet - that's generally a Sunday project. But they are so pretty, and so shiny. Only, they are so tall (and they come out farther than the old ones did) that I can't reach the shelves above them anymore! Thank goodness for the storage drawers beneath them! I'm hoping that they will be quieter than our old washer & dryer - I always felt bad for Herschel whenever we had laundry going & he wanted to be in his crate. They were so loud, and he hates loud noises. So hopefully these won't freak him out quite as much. Oh, and we went to another birthday party today - Zachary's friend Cameron. It was a cowboy theme, and they had a petting zoo brought to their house. They had a miniature donkey, miniature horse, miniature cow, alpaca, pig, bunnies, rooster, and goats (or sheep - not sure...they had curly hair like sheep, but little horns like a goat...maybe, geep? shoat?) The miniature cow pooped in the yard right after he'd been unloaded from the truck. Shortly after Liam wandered over & stepped right in it. Fun times! Thank goodness for Crocs, and a nearby hose - we just hosed them off. What a mess. It was a fun party - the only thing that would have made it better was the weather from last weekend. It got HOT today!
5 comments:
Poor Liam! That's rough on a toddler! Love the twins; had to think about that post on fb at first when you wrote about twins. Laundry will be so fun for a while!
The Blue Twins are beautiful and Amanda is right... laundry will be fun... for a little while :)
Poor Liam and his mummy hand... I can definitely feel his pain. I had Mickey Mouse fingers for a few weeks myself... Not fun at all...
Poor Liam! And I love your new twins -- when we got our new washer/dryer like those, my kids would just stand at the washing machine watching the laundry go around and around and around for hours. It was great!!
Oh No, poor baby Liam. He'll heal quickly I'm sure. I'm SO jealous of the twins. I have to do laundry in the yucky garage with a relatively new washer and an ancient dryer.
Poor guy! That must have been why he threw a fit the rest of the night. :( Glad he seems ok, though!
Also, love the new washer and dryer!! We LOVE our front loaders. They are super quiet and save us so much money on our water bills!
Post a Comment