Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Movin’ On Up

That’s me! I’m moving up. Well, sort of. I’m actually moving one floor up in our office. When I started my job in 2000 I began in the Marketing Research Group. I stayed in that group, doing various things, until last year. The day I came back from maternity leave after having Liam, I was told that I was going to be working in the New Product Evaluation group (which involved a cube move one floor down). That is what I’ve been doing for the past 13 months or so. But the Friday before we left for the beach, my boss informed me that upon my return from vacation, I’d be going back to my old group in Marketing Research. So, I begin packing up my cube again for my move back up to the 5th floor. Anyone who’s ever worked in a cube or office can relate to this…even though there’s not a ton of space, and it doesn’t seem like you could possibly have THAT much stuff, it is absolutely amazing how much stuff you can find when you start packing. I remember for one move I told the Facilities Department that I only needed 3 boxes. I honestly did not think I had that much stuff. Yeah, I filled those 3 boxes & had to call for more. So now I ask for 6 boxes, & figure that anything that won’t fit, I will just haul myself (I do make sure to at least get the heavy stuff like books & binders into boxes).

Since the watering ban has been lifted, the boys’ school has resurrected Water Day. Zachary started at this school in mid-May 2007. They had one water day at the end of May (which Zachary missed because it was right before his birthday & he stayed home with me to prep for the party). Then the watering ban came, & no more water day. It’s now back & they love it. They had been doing it on Fridays, so the last water day that the boys had was the Friday before we left for the beach. We have to send bathing suits, towels, and shoes that can get wet. Normally they do not allow the kids to wear Crocs to school, but it’s OK for them to wear them during the water day portion of the day. So I had sent Zachary to school with his plain blue Crocs. They missed water day last week because we were out of town, and last week they decided to move water day to Wednesday. So last night we were gathering their stuff for water day. I had a bathing suit for each of them, a towel for each of them, swim diapers for Liam, Liam’s water day shoes, Zachary’s water shirt that he requested, and Zachary’s blue Crocs. Only, something was funny. Oh yeah – they’re both lefts! I began going through my mind trying to figure out how in the world I had managed to buy him 2 pairs of the same shoes in the same size. And then I realized, I had not bought him 2 pairs of the same shoes in the same size…those were the shoes he wore to water day on June 19, and somehow he came home with 2 left Crocs. I’m not really even sure how that is possible – I mean, shoes are on his feet. Shoes – in theory – should come off his feet & right back into his cubby. So this morning Josh took the one left Croc that we are fairly certain is not ours (it appeared to be in better shape), and the teacher is making a sign in hopes of finding our missing right Croc. It is just odd that no one has come forward yet with 2 right Crocs – I mean, it’s been like 12 days. So, I’m not terribly hopeful that we will be reunited with the right Croc. We’ll see what happens.

Oh, and for anyone who’s not on my email list, I’ve updated our pictures from June. This includes some pictures from our beach trip. Click on either of the boys to see them!

No comments: