This is the first of what I hope will be a weekly theme for me - Hungry Sunday. I'll share mostly easy recipe ideas, maybe an occasional one that's not necessarily easy but just too yummy not to share. Some will be dinners, some will be desserts, but the idea is to share some of our favorite recipes. It also happens to be my 300th post too, so I guess this is a fun way to "celebrate".
To start off, I'm going to share a recipe that many of you already have now. I posted about it on facebook last week and got lots of requests for the recipe. So, to those of you I already sent it to, I apologize, but here it is again.
Honey-BBQ Glazed Pork Roast with Carrots & Corn
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10 hours & 20 minutes
Servings: 6
Ingredients:
3-pound boneless pork shoulder roast
1 bag (1 pound) baby carrots
½ cup BBQ sauce (whatever your favorite brand is)
¼ cup honey
3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1 teaspoon seasoned salt
2/3 cup BBQ sauce
¼ cup all-purpose flour
1 cup frozen whole kernel corn
1. Remove fat from pork. Place pork in 3 ½ to 4 quart slow cooker. Arrange carrots around and on top of pork. Mix ½ cup BBQ sauce, honey, vinegar, and seasoned salt in small bowl; pour over pork and carrots.
2. Cover and cook on Low heat setting for 8 to 10 hours
3. Remove pork and vegetables from slow cooker; place on serving platter. Cover to keep warm. Mix 2/3 cup BBQ sauce and the flour; gradually stir into juices in slow cooker. Increase the heat setting to High. Cover and cook about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until thickened.
4. Stir corn into mixture in slow cooker. Cover and cook on High heat setting 5 minutes. Serve sauce over pork and vegetables.
Recipe from Betty Crocker One-Dish Family Favorites cookbook.
September Quotes
2 months ago
No comments:
Post a Comment