I’m pretty sure that Liam REALLY missed Josh while he was gone over the weekend. So when he wasn’t home for dinner last night, I think Liam started to panic that he was gone again. In reality, he was just not going to be home in time for dinner, due to being invited to play in a golf tournament down in Peachtree City yesterday afternoon. But in Liam’s little 20-month-old mind, Daddy had left again. This made dinnertime a real treat. He really didn’t eat much other than 2 bowls of watermelon. And after about 30 minutes of him just sort of playing with his food, I took his plate away & decided he was done. Well, this did not sit well with him, and he began screaming. HARD. I asked him if he wanted Elmo – NO. I asked him if he wanted his monkey – NO. I asked him if he wanted water – NO. Well, you get the picture. No matter what I offered him, the answer was always NO. He didn’t even appear to want to leave the kitchen table, which, not that the kitchen chairs are UNcomfortable, but there are definitely more comfortable places to sit in the house. I tried to get him to relocate to the couch – NO. I went to pick him up to carry him in there, and there was so much fluid coming out of his face! I didn’t want to get it all over my nice work clothes, so I grabbed whatever I could find out of the clean laundry basket (the one good part about us not being totally on the ball about folding laundry & putting it away right away). Everything was 4T or 18-24 month size! The only thing I could find bigger than a 4T (without making a total mess of the laundry) was one of Josh’s t-shirts and a pair of his khaki pants – they would have to do. So I threw them on and picked up Liam. By this point he was full on screaming, and really did not want to be held. I decided to sit on the floor, just in case he were to decide to take a dive out of my arms – I didn’t want him falling. So we sat there on the kitchen floor, and I was doing everything I could think of to calm him down. After about 30 minutes of screaming & struggling, he finally just passed out. I was afraid to move, out of fear that he’d wake up & start screaming again. Poor Zachary just wanted me to play with him, but I couldn’t really do anything. He was so good though – he played quietly so as not to wake Liam. We sat on the kitchen floor for probably another 30 minutes until Josh got home. My legs were totally asleep by the time he arrived. We managed to get him into bed without much fuss. It was just the icing on the cake after the very clingy weekend we had. I think Liam remembered how Josh was gone over the weekend & maybe thought he was gone again? Who knows. Hopefully he will snap out of this cantankerous funk very soon.
1 comment:
Oh poor Liam! He probably thought Josh was gone again... That stinks you had such a rough night with him but good that Zachary was so good for you :)
Post a Comment