Monday, November 9, 2009

Weekend & Zachary Stuff

It was a nice weekend. Josh & I took the boys to the Georgia game (for what apparently was their last game of the season, since the last 2 games will be at night). They had a good time, but sometimes I think they like the Dippin Dots better than actually being at the game. Yesterday we had the boys last swimming lessons for the year. I'm torn about this - on the one hand, it is nice to have our Sunday mornings back. For a while, we've been taking 2 cars to church on Sunday mornings so that whoever got in the pool with Liam could just go home after his lesson & not have to deal with chasing him around during Zachary's lesson. So it will be nice to ride to church together again. But I feel like they were both making a lot of progress. Zachary was doing really well yesterday (just need to get him over his fear of jumping in, which is totally irrational, because he used to do it all the time). And even Liam was getting the hang of swimming under water - and liking it. So I hope this time off doesn't set them back.

I feel like I post a lot about Liam & not as much about Zachary (that may not be the case, but it just seems that way). So today I thought it would be about Zachary. We got a form at school last week that basically says that Zachary (and presumably the other kids at his school who take karate) are about ready to graduate from their white belt to orange belt. There is a graduation luncheon in about a month, which we're planning to attend. It should be a very exciting day for him. He is really getting into it now.

There is, however, a kid in his class who is about to drive me up the wall. His name is Shea, and he & his family are Auburn fans. I've got nothing against that per se, but Shea is kind of a mean fan, and (if we can believe what Zachary says), he is just full of crap. Apparently he told Zachary that he went to a football game once where Georgia played Auburn and Auburn won. Hard to believe, considering that Georgia has won the last 3 times, which would have made Shea an infant the last time Auburn won. He also told Zachary that Auburn always wins and Georgia always loses. Although it may seem that way this year...not true either. And there's numerous other lies and falsehoods Shea is spewing out. Part of me wants to tell Zachary to tell Shea where he can stick it. But then I remember that they are 4, and that's probably inappropriate. So we just told him to tell Shea that he doesn't know what he is talking about, or to walk away & play with someone else.

I also ordered Zachary's Christmas outfit last night. Every year up to this year I have ordered a super-cute longall from Kelly's Kids for him to wear for Christmas. I met resistance from Josh last year when I went to order the outfits. But I won, when I explained that once - just once - I'd like for the boys to have matching Christmas longalls. So I bought them, and they were cute. But I was pretty much told that now that Zachary is 4, no more Chrismas longalls. Sad...So Zachary will be wearing some nice dress pants, a white button-down, and a red sweater vest. [yaaaaaawwwwn...] He will look handsome, I'm sure. But I will miss those Christmas longalls. At least Liam has about 3 more years of wearing them before I'm banned from dressing him in them too...

1 comment:

Tami said...

I have already gotten the "no" on Christmas longalls. No fair! (I may have to sneak somewhere and buy some anyways...) He probably only has one more year of them!

So cool about Zachary getting his orange belt, too!!