Monday, February 8, 2010

The Best of the Characters

On our last trip to WDW in late 2008, we didn’t book any character meals. We also didn’t really “get” the whole standing in line to see characters. We saw a few, but you could count them on one hand. This time we figured both boys would be more into them, so we booked 2 character meals. The first was a dinner at Chef Mickey’s in the Contemporary Resort, where we got to see Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Goofy, and Pluto, right at our table. It was so fun! We did that the day we arrived, since we didn’t have plans to visit any parks that day. It was a fun surprise for the boys. Zachary was into it from the start. Liam took a minute to warm up, but once that first character stopped by, he was in too. We even got them autograph books so that they could get all the characters’ autographs.











Next up was Buzz Lightyear.



On Tuesday we had a character breakfast, which we thought was supposed to be Pooh & friends, but it turned out to be Minnie, Pluto, Chip, & Dale. I was bummed about the character confusion, but it was actually the best breakfast I’ve ever had (Liberty Tree Tavern in MK, in case you were wondering).









Next we got to meet the cast from Up (Russell, Dug, and Carl Fredrickson), followed by Sorcerer’s Apprentice Mickey, and The Incredibles.







Then Liam & I got to meet frontier Donald & Goofy (while Zachary & Josh took a potty break).



And finally, we did end up getting to meet Pooh, Tigger, & Eeyore. My mom stood in line for about 30 minutes for us since we didn’t get to meet them at breakfast, and she wanted the boys to be able to meet them. She even waited while they took a “cake & honey break”!







I was so proud of the boys for giving the characters high fives & hugs (once we told Zachary a few times that nose-honking was not appropriate…). My mom tells me I was NOT a fan of characters when I was little, but I always think it’s so cute & sweet when little kids hug them. I bet it makes the people inside the costume’s day. Zachary was terrified of characters until he was about 3, so the fact that Liam was hugging them on this trip made me smile.

No comments: