Aaaahhhhhhh...That is the sound you hear me make every morning when I wake up at the beach. We arrived on Saturday. We didn't get to do too much that day, but we did go out on the beach for a little bit. Our routine has been pretty similar each day...wake up, eat breakfast, head out to the beach, come inside & eat lunch, Liam naps (and someone either takes Zachary & Jacob to the pool, or we hang back here & play on the Wii or watch a movie), Liam wakes up from his nap & we head back out to the beach, come back in, take baths/showers, eat dinner, play, bedtime. It's pretty simple, but it's nice. The boys are loving the beach (although I think Jacob, our nephew, prefers the pool to the ocean), and Zachary & Liam are pretty fearless in the ocean. They're taking facefulls of saltwater like champs. They are enjoying digging in the sand & making sand castles. And Zachary has asked to be buried in the sand twice now.
We have 3 more days here before our drive back home on Saturday. We will savor every second of it, because everyone is having such a good time this year. The boys are at such a fun age for the beach this year. We've been cookimg most of our meals in the condo, but tonight we headed out to our favorite place, the Johnson Creek Tavern, for dinner. It's a hole in the wall, but our first year here we got several recommendations for it from locals, so we decided to try it. Our favorite thing about it is they tout "ocean view dining"...I should take a picture, because it faces out over the marsh. The ocean is barely visible from ways away, and I would hardly call it "ocean view". But the seafood lovers in the family (i.e., everyone but me) really seem to love their seafood, especially the fried shrimp.
But it has been a fun week so far, and I'm really NOT going to think about going back...no, definitely not.
1 comment:
Great pics! :) Glad you are having fun... I miss ya!
Post a Comment