Once again, we made it until just into the 4th quarter - that seems to be about their threshold this season. The problem is all these early games, and it's right in the middle of Liam's naptime. He is a trooper though, and once he woke up, he did very well.
Today was Zachary's school's fall festival. Liam's school had one yesterday, but we had to miss it because of the Georgia game. I must say that the Colt Carnival at Crabapple Crossing Elementary School is quite impressive! I don't know it all school fall festivals are like this now, or if this one is a little more elaborate because of the area we live in. They had a bouncy house, inflatable slide, inflatable obstacle course, carnival games, cake walk, silent auction, face painting, ALL kinds of food (Shane's Rib Shack, Domino's, snowcones, cotton candy, nachos...you name it). They even had a swing ride - like, an actual carnival ride where the kids got buckled in, and then it spun around. Prety cool. As soon as we got there Josh had to report for his volunteer shift. The boys decided they wanted to start off with a snack - snow cones!
After the snowcones we decided to check out the rides. They started in the bouncy house, & when their turn was over, I had to drag Liam out by his ankles - he was having so much fun. Then Zachary rode the chair swinng ride. Liam wasn't tall enough, so he & I just watched.
After this point, Josh had finished serving nachos, and Liam had pretty much decided he'd had enough (we did have to wake him up from his nap to go there). So we took turns sitting with him while Zachary did a few more things. It was fun for him to get to see his friends, and we got to see people we knew (including our BFFs Kim & former-Braves pitcher Mark Wohlers).
It was a fun day, and I think all the fun just wore them out - both boys were in bed by 7:15. I think that's some sort of record in this house.
(Took this last one on our way back to the car - we were waiting for Josh & Liam to catch up, so I snapped a few of my little big man.)
No comments:
Post a Comment