Today was snow day #2 (in a row - we had one back in December, but this is the 2nd one in a row this month). Yesterday was pretty fun - we did some sledding on the hill and kind of made the most of it, because you never know when you're going to get anther one. Except that we got another one today...snow days are fun, and I'm enjoying the extra time off with the boys (although it would have been nice to have a little more of a break between the Christmas break and this - they were only in school for 3 days last week following Christmas break, and now this). But it is hard when you have to work from home during a snow day. It definitely helps that Josh & I have both been home - we can sort of take turns with the boys.
We've had them watch a bunch of movies (I think 4 over the last 2 days...) and there have also been treats (hot chocolate yesterday, and then snowcones made out of snow today, as well as the chocolate pie that I baked this afternoon). We're kind of running out of things to do...So this morning we decided to head out to Kroger. But we didn't want to drive since we weren't sure about the roads, so we piled the boys in the wagon & set off down the street on foot. I had a big insulated backpack for our groceries and Josh pulled the wagon. It took us a while, & there was definitely a lot of ice on the roads, but we made it. We did our shopping (we weren't buying much - mostly stuff to bake the chocolate pie & some butterscotch blondies...plus another gallon of milk).
In the afternoon Zachary & I went outside for a little bit. Our pool float we were using as a sled yesterday had a rip in it, so that was over. And our neighbors have a sled, and were borrowing our little hill, but they had gone home by the time Zachary & I could get dressed to go out. We will have snow day #3 (in a row) tomorrow - we'll see what the day holds!
September Quotes
2 months ago
No comments:
Post a Comment