Sunday, January 30, 2011

Spring Fever

This weekend gave us a serious case of spring fever!!  I was out running some errands with my mom yesterday afternoon and when I got home the boys were all in short sleeves & Josh even had the windows open in the house.  While I was out, he & Zachary practiced baseball (Zachary's t-ball tryouts are next weekend - time to brush up on catching & throwing), and when I got home there was a lot of bike riding in the street.  Zachary is getting really good without training wheels!  He still can't really get himself going, and still sometimes has issues turning around in the street, but once he's up, he can go for a good little while.  We capped off the day with dinner on the back patio and a trip to Menchie's (thank you Living Social for the deal!)


Today was more of the same!  It always amazes me on a day like this, that we didn't see more kids out playing in the yards.  even a couple of weeks ago when we had the snow - we hardly ever saw any other neighbor kids outside in it.  Not sure what that's all about, but my kids LOVE playing outside!


Couple of random things...yesterday Liam was coloring.  He had 2 crayons, and said, "I'm holding blue and chick boy!"  It took me a while, but eventually I figured out that chick boy = turquoise.

Yesterday my mom & I went to pick out fabric.  Josh & I are having our couch re-covered (it's a nice piece of furniture that is still in good shape, other than the fabric coming apart).  While out, my mom & I both decided that we're also going to re-cover our dining room chairs.  I'll post before & after pictures once they're done!

I've been going to my ENT's office once a week since last May for allergy shots.  I finally hit my "maintenance" level, which means that I bring all the stuff home to administer them at home now.  No more going into their office every week.  They gave me the bottles of serums, and then gave me a prescription for the syringes to use.  I go to pick them up later, and the pharmacist tells me that they are not covered by my insurance.  It's not a huge deal, because the box will last me about a year (and it wasn't but like $28), but still...how can my insurance cover these shots and the allergy serums, but not the needles that are required to administer the serums?  Weird...

After last week's karate face-punch, Zachary asked to go back to the sparring class this week too.  So we went, and while we were there, we got him signed up for spring break camp & summer camp.  The karate school runs these camps, that sound like a lot of fun (and the couple of other moms I've talked to whose kids did it last year, said it was so much fun).  Each week has a theme, and they do different learning/educational things along the theme, but they also do games, crafts, and karate.  And then on Friday they go on a field trip somewhere that goes with the theme.  For example, one week is geology week, and the field trip will be to Stone Mountain.  They'll be going to see Kung Fu Panda 2, World of Coke, panning for gold (I assume in Dahlonega), Tellus Museum, Zoo Atlanta...so I think he will have fun.  He'll be going there every week this summer (except the week were at the beach) - so I just hope he doesn't get sick of it!  I feel good about having summer arrangements already made (and I feel even better about it since they knocked off about 30% since we signed up for so many weeks!)

No comments: