Today was Liam's 4th birthday. I was pretty excited, even though it means he's getting farther & farther away from being a baby. Birthdays are fun, and I was excited about the day. It's hard to get too elaborate with a Wednesday birthday, but I decided it would be fun to start the day with the balloons-on-the-door idea that I'm sure we've all seen on Pinterest. So we got them hung last night before we went to bed, and then this morning I sat outside his room waiting to take a picture as he came out & saw them.
He was fine when he first walked out, but then I had the nerve to ask him to stand for a picture with the balloons. He started to cooperate, but then I realized I was going to need to turn on a light in the hallway, because it was kind of dark. Once I mentioned turning the light on, he flipped out. He turned around & started swatting the balloons down. I was pretty sad - I had found this fun idea, and he tore it all up. After he ate breakfast, he had gotten over his little hissy fit, and happily posed for a picture for me.
Then this afternoon, I picked him up after school. We came home & waited for Josh to get home to have dinner. Last year we went out for dessert for both boys' birthdays. We had planned on doing that again today, except that Liam didn't really eat his dinner. If there's one thing the boys should learn about our house & dessert, it's that you will never get dessert if you don't eat your veggies. We set a timer & gave him lots of time to finish, but he just wasn't interested. So, we did not go out for dessert.
But we did go ahead & give him one of his presents - a new Tag Reader pen. Zachary had one when he was younger, but it was one of the first ones, and only held a few books. Since we still have all the books, we thought we'd get Liam his own Tag pen.
All in all, it doesn't feel like it was a very special day, what with the balloon mishap and the lack of dessert. But he may not even really realize that it should have been special. His big day was Saturday, when we had his party. I guess at 4 it's hard to understand the difference between your birthday party day and your actual birthday.
We do have a couple of other birthday celebrations in the next few days. That will wrap up a week of birthday celebrations.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY LIAM!! WE LOVE YOU!!!
1 comment:
Happy bday Liam!
Post a Comment