So let's go back to New Years Day...we had a great time watching Georgia beat Nebraska in the Capital One Bowl. It was a rainy day, and I will always remember that because of what happened after the game was over. As usual, Zachary was beyond excited at the Georgia win and decided he needed to blow off some steam in the back yard. That turned into him basically making the yard a giant slip & slide...
And then this is him afterwards. THIS is why we had a door built into the side of the house when we were building the house. As disgusting as he was, he thoroughly enjoyed himself, and I'm glad that he got to experience such pure joy.
On the 7th, we got together with the Foxes & Hendricks for a belated Christmas get-together. We always have fun when we get together, especially with our crazy kiddos. Unfortunately, Liam wouldn't cooperate for the photo.
That same weekend we also headed to Dick's for baseball supplies. With evaluations/clinics coming up, we needed some new gear. Both boys needed new bats & shoes, and Liam also needed a helmet & bag. Here is Liam in his first pair of baseball shoes. He had just taken a lap around the little track in the shoe area.
And speaking ofnew gear, Zachary's new black Masters Club karate uniform finally arrived! It came with his first 2 sets of weapons. Yes, weapons. One perk of the Masters Club is that you get to participate in the weapons class. The thought of a 7 year old with weapons is a little frightening, but he is SO excited.
(escrima sticks)
(kama)
And then here he is in his first weapons class. He's right in the middle of the photo in all black, paired with the girl in the white shirt.
This past weekend we enjoyed the lovely spring weather. This included a trip to Menchie's, as well as the boys making a ladybug habitat at the end of the slide for "Lisa", the ladybug.
We also enjoyed a Falcons playoff win. You will notice that Zachary LOVES his football. When his team wins, he's not just excited, but he takes that excitement to a whole new level (see mud slip & slide photo above). He was over the moon when the Falcons won on Sunday.
Meanwhile, I'm still hobbling around. I went to the doctor on the 2nd to get my foot looked at again. she confirmed no visible breaks at that time, but said it could take up to 3 weeks to see one. So inthe boot I went for the next 3 weeks. Two weeks down, 1 to go, and hopefully next week I can ditch the boot. I'm ready to wear matching shoes again, and to be able to just walk normally.
And finally, a Liam funny to end with.
"Today at school, Olivia and I - not the pig Olivia, the girl Olivia who goes to my school - we worked on the Europe map together."
Such a funny guy!













No comments:
Post a Comment