I'm hoping to get back into a more regular blogging routine soon. Even if nobody else is reading it, I have been making the blog into a book each year, and I LOVE going back & reading about all the things we did throughout the year.
Anyway, so last Thursday I went back to the doctor, hoping to get the boot off my foot. Not only did she tell me I need to keep the boot on for a little while longer, but she told me I needed an MRI on it, and then she wanted me to see one of the other doctors in the practice. The reason is because now she thinks the injury is to a specific joint in my foot, and this other doctor deals with that joint, whereas she does not. So I had the MRI this morning. It wasn't too bad - it wasn't the tube kind - just a big flat circle over the top, and then both legs were under it, up to my knees. It was really loud, but they gave me ear plugs. It was also long - at least 30 minutes (I'm not completely sure since I had to take my watch off). I go for my follow-up with the new doctor on Wednesday, so we'll see what he says.
On Saturday, Zachary had his baseball evaluation. Well, let me back up. On Friday, I got a call from the school clinic - he was there with what they determined were just growing pains in his legs. They gave him an ice pack & sent him back to class, but gave us a courtesy call just to let us know he'd been in there. When he got home, he was still complaining about the pain, so I gave him some Tylenol (mostly because my mom had come over to take him to his karate weapons class, and he was saying he didn't want to go). Tylenol worked, and he went to his class. Saturday morning he got up,and didn't complain about his legs hurting. We took him to his baseball evaluation after lunch, and when it was his turn to be evaluated, he hobbled up to the plate. He took a few pitiful swings before finally hitting the ball. Then he limped all the way to 2nd base (they were told to run to 2nd). Then he limped over to 3rd to pick up his hat & glove, so he could field the ball from shortstop to 1st. He just limped & hobbled all over the place. It was sad. He was wearing his All-Star jersey from last year & they were probably wondering how he ever made all-stars. He will still make a team, but hopefully he will surprise his coach, by being better than what he showed on Saturday.
Saturday evening, the Dojo had a Parent's Night Out. The theme was Nerf battles. They held the event from 4-9, and had Nerf battles, played dodgeball, watched a movie, had pizza, etc. Liam wanted to go too, so Josh & I had some time to go pick up a few birthday presents for Liam, then have dinner at La Parrilla. When we got home, we watched American Reunion before picking the boys back up. They had a good time, but late bedtimes are always a little hard for them, especially when we have a scheduled wake-up time like we do on Sundays for church. So we made them go to bed by 7:15 last night. Surprisingly, no one complained.
Then today, I picked Zachary up early to take him to the dentist (no cavities - yay!). When he was done, we went to pick Liam up, and he just looked pitiful. The teachers said he'd been pretty quiet all afternoon and was complaining that his tummy hurt. He wanted to be carried out of school, which he rarely asks for anymore. We got home, he put on his pj's, and he laid on the couch. At one point he claimed to be feeling better, but then disappeared for a few minutes. When he came back, he claimed to have thrown up. No one knows for sure if he did or not, but he slept for a while before getting up for some pedialyte and a little dish of mashed potatoes. After that, we took him upstairs & he was in bed around 6:45. Poor little guy.
September Quotes
2 months ago
No comments:
Post a Comment