Monday, December 31, 2012

Return to Sky Zone

Josh had to work the 3 days following Christmas.  After being home with the boys the day after, I decided we needed to do something fun the next day.  So that Thursday we headed to Sky Zone - only this time I was going to jump too!  We got checked in, listened to the safety speech, and then we were turned loose.  We started out on the main jumping area, mainly so I could just get used to it.  We bounced around the area for a solid 2 minutes before it happened - I came down funny on my foot.  So I hobbled over to a nearby bench & told the boys I needed to sit for a minute.  I thought I'd rest for a few and then get back out & jump some more.  Only my foot didn't get better - it got worse.  By 30 minutes in, I was calling Josh to tell him that he might need to come pick us up because I wasn't sure I'd be able to drive.  I managed to get some ice for it, and then Josh arrived right about the time our hour was up.  He dropped me off at the urgent care place so I could get x-rays.  3 hours later I was done there, and my foot looked like this:


I'm not really sure why they put that thing on my ankle - my ankle is not what I had hurt.  They said they were going to give me a boot, but they were out.  Lucky for me, my mom  is more accident-prone than I think I really realized, because she had called me while I was waiting there, and said that if they tell me I need crutches or a boot, don't buy it from them because she had some at her house.  Turns out, she had 2 sets of crutches, and 2 different boots (a shorter one and a taller one!)  She came over later in the day to help Josh go get my car from Sky Zone since we'd had to leave it there.  And she brought crutches & a boot with her.  :)

The urgent care doc said he didn't think anything was broken, but wowza it hurt.  I was in some mega pain for the rest of that day, all night, and about half of the next day.  The next night, I unwrapped it for the first time, and this is what it looked like:


It's now 4 days later, and the swelling hasgone down quite a bit (but not completely).  I still can't totally walk on it, which is kind of a pain.  But I have an appointment with my orthopedic doctor on Wednesday just to make sure it's OK.  It wasn't exactly how I planned to end the year - spending my last few days of vacation stuck on the couch.  But I did learn a valuable lesson - there is a good reason that most parents just watch at Sky Zone...I think I'll be doing that from now on there too.

I hope everyone has a Happy New Year!!

No comments: