Monday, February 4, 2013

Monday Recap

My last post ended with a pitiful photo of Liam asleep on the couch not long after I piked him up from school.  Little did I know that evening would get a lot more exciting!  He went to sleep pretty early, but then Josh went in to check on him around 11:00 before we went to bed.  He quietly called for me to help, because he could tell the sheets were wet.  He thought Liam had wet the bed, so he needed me to take him in the bathroom & get him into dry pajamas while he changed the sheetso n the bed.  Well.  Liam had actually not wet the bed.  His pants were dry.  It was his top that was wet, but it was because somehow he had gotten sick in his sleep, and didn't wake up.  How is that even possible??  This is pretty much one of the worst scenarios you can be faced with cleaning up at 11pm as you are trying to go to bed.  We got him cleaned up, and of coursehe had to stay home from school the next day.  Whatever it was went through him fast, because the next day Josh said he had a hard time keeping Liam still & quiet.  He was feeling better & (knock on wood) the rest of us are still doing ok.

Last Wednesday was my appointment with Dr. Terrell to get the results of my MRI.  It had been a frustrating morning - I had gotten there at 10:30.  My appointment was at 11, but they said to be there 30 minutes early.  They didn't call me back until 12:15, and the doctor didn't come in until 12:30.  But I got the best news - nothing abnormal from the MRI...just a sprain after all.  However, I was NOT thrilled when he said I need to stay off of it for the next 4 weeks.  It hasn't even been a week, and I am OVER the crutches!

My adventure continued when I tried to leave the doctor's office - there was apparently a tornado spotted not far away, so they weren't letting anyone leave.  It was about 1:15 at this point (I'd been there since 10:30).  They finally gave the all-clear around 1:30, so I left & decided to go to my mom's house to pick the crutches up.  It was pouring by the time I got there, so I thought I'd be smart and open her garage door, and then pull my car in.  Only, when I got out to open the door, I didn't think about closing my car door.  When I got back in the car, my seat was soaked.  My pants were soaked on the front & back.  Nice.  I got the crutches and snagged some cheese from her fridge (since I hadn't eaten lunch), and headed back on my way.  It was still pouring, but I got on my way around 1:45.  I called & left a message for my boss to let him know I was on my way back, since I'd been gone for so long.  When I got on the highway, everyone was creeping along at a snail's pace because it was raining so hard.  After 45 minutes, I wasn't even close to my office, so I called my boss back & asked if I could just go home.  It was already 2:30, and I figured by the time I got back, I'd be heading back out shortly anyway.  It was 3:30 (an hour & 45 minutes after I'd left my mom's house) by the time I got to Liam's school.  Crazy crazy day.

On Friday we went to Disco Night at Zachary's school.  Kids were encouraged to dress in "disco attire", and my first thought was "who has kid sized disco attire just laying around the house??"  The answer is, a lot of people, apparently.  There were so many kids running around in disco attire.  Really?  We stayed in the cafeteria for a little bit, where they were having the Disco part of the night.  Then we headed into the gym for the basket raffle.  Once again, it looks like we didn't win any of the baskets we put tickets in.  One of these years, we will hopefully make it until they do the drawing so we can be there in person if we win.  Liam had been whining for a while, and even Zachary seemed to be pooping out.  Here they are in their "disco attire".


On Saturday morning I headed out for a much-anticipated girls brunch!  My group of 6 from UGA never had our annual Christmas dinner this year, so we planned a girls brunch in February.  We had 2 new babies to cuddle - Caitlin and Nolan.  The brunch was lovely and it was great to have some girl time!  Then on Sunday my mom came over & took me around to help me run errands.  I knew Josh wouldn't want to run all my errands with my on Super Bowl Sunday (not to mention dragging the kids all over Alpharetta).  So I called my mom.  Most of our stops were for things I needed to get, but we did have fun shopping at the Loft.

We have an exciting week coming up, with Liam's birthday party on Saturday!  It feels like it has kind of snuck up on me this year!  It should be fun!  And as a random other tidbit, different kids in his class had been making posters about different countries.  So he asked his teacher if he could make a poster about Russia. She was thrilled he had asked, so we started researching Russia (just a few basic facts) so he could make his poster.  As we began working on it, he excitedly told us that another boy in his class had made a poster about Russia.  And apparently he had a lot of the same facts on his poster that we were putting on Liam's.  And then the whole time he kept saying, "No - we can't do it like that!  Neev did it this way!"  We were pretty frustrated with that, and had a hard time getting Liam to understand that he didn't have to do it the way Neev did it.  Here he is with his Russia poster.

No comments: