We decided to have Liam's birthday party last weekend. Since school was already supposed to be out Friday & Monday of this weekend, we thought a lot of people might be out of town, so we held his party a week early. He had decided months ago that he wanted a Lego party, and I knew that was something I could handle. We went to the Lego Store and bought a couple of sets of just basic bricks, and then chose a bunch of smaller accessories from the wall. We had the Legos set up on a table in the family room, and had the kids build different things for the first hour or so of the party.
(showing off their round 1 creations, robots)
(round 2, boats)
After the building time was over, the kids ate pizza, and then we served the cake. Even though this was a Lego party, Liam had unofficially determined Ninjago to be the theme (as evidenced by his choice of invitation). He wanted a Ninjago cake, and I found one on Pinterest that I knew Rhodes Bakery could easily re-create.
All in all, I think it was a really fun party! Liam had lots of friends come, and everyone seemed to have a good time. I'm glad I was able to get these shots of him with 2 of his friends from school (they were the only ones who had been dropped off, and all the other kids had left, and we were still waiting on these kids' parents to come back to pick them up). So cute!
(Tyler, Owen, Liam)

No comments:
Post a Comment