This past Thursday (5/8) was Taste of Alpharetta. We love going to this every year! Thankfully it wasn't quite as hot this year as it sometimes is. The boys were a bit more adventurous with their food choices - normally they just want pizza. But this year, Zachary ate a BBQ pork sandwich (they called it a slider, but it was a full size sandwich!) from SmokeJack. Liam ate peel & eat shrimp from Atlantic Seafood Company - I couldn't believe it! He loved them and was still talking about them today. They both had some baked ziti and a roll from Ippolito's (not super adventurous, but not pizza, either). And they both had a dish from La Casa Italian Grill - Liam had meatballs and Zachary had tortellini. My favorite part was dessert. As we were perusing the options, we walked by the Gigi's cupcake booth. They were promoting their cupcakes and cookies and...wait for it...FROSTING SHOTS!! Say what??? Yes, frosting in a shot glass. OMG. That is what I had for dessert - frosting shots. I started with 1 - chocolate frosting with chocolate chips (you know, for a little texture). Then we had an odd number of tickets left (we were going to let the kids use the rest to play in the kids area). So I felt it was the responsible thing to do to get another one. This time I went with cookies and cream. I will say that 2 frosting shots may have been 1 too many - that second one put me over the edge. But still, so yummy. It was a fun evening. Liam ran into his friend Owen from his class and baseball team, and Zachary ran into Ibrahim from his baseball team. They always see people they know!
September Quotes
2 months ago
No comments:
Post a Comment