Wednesday, July 9, 2014

High School Reunion

On June 28, my high school class held its 20 year reunion.  I’m still scratching my head trying to figure out how it’s been 20 years…anyway, I REALLY liked how they did it – it was super casual and laid back…not at all stuffy like you think of a typical reunion.  It was held at Atlanta Brewing Company, and the Happy Belly Food Truck provided the food for the night.  It was a really good deal too – the ticket included food and unlimited beer.  For a few dollars more, you could get 3 drink tickets – and the bartender was definitely pouring on the heavy-handed side.


To be honest, I've done a pretty good job of keeping in touch with the people from high school who I really wanted to keep in touch with, so a reunion is kind of a weird concept, if you ask me.  Especially now in the day of social media.  Regardless, my close group of friends was all going, so we went too – I’m glad we did.  There were some people I saw who I was never really friends with before, so I didn't feel the need to go out of my way to talk to them.  There were others who I saw and had no clue who they were – I couldn't tell if they were classmate or spouse.  But there were a few people who I've connected with on facebook, but really hadn't seen since high school, and it was fun to talk to them in person.
The top picture was taken in our senior year.  Our parents had this put in the back of the yearbook.  We attempted to re-create the post at the reunion.

"Rusty" and me

Melissa and me

The men - "Rusty", Josh, Caleb, John

Me, Karlyn, and Angela

Me, Karlyn, and Melissa (with a Caleb photobomb)