Monday, June 30, 2014

Little Moments

Just some moments from my phone...

My mom got Zachary a new bag to hold all of his new catcher's gear.  Check out how big it is - Liam EASILY fits inside of it!!

On Sunday 6/22, Zachary was invited to a birthday party for his friend CJ.  CJ lives in our neighborhood, and they were both on the Dodgers this past spring.  CJ had his party at TopGolf, and let's just say that we were all blown away by this place.  The boys have not stopped asking to go back.  CJ's parents were nice enough to let siblings play too, so even Liam got in on the golfing action!



Last week was VBS at our church.  Once again, my mom helped out with snacks, and the boys had a good time.  This is their 3rd year going to VBS - and it's actually Zachary's last official year.  Next year, as a rising 5th grader, he moves into Route 56.  It's done in conjunction with VBS, but they take the rising 5th & 6th graders off site to do community service projects each day.  I love how excited they are about the music CD, and they ask to play the music in the car for weeks after VBS is over.

Last week on Tuesday, I actually got to watch Liam's tennis lesson.  We moved it to the morning for a couple of weeks, and because I had to take Zachary to his 9-year checkup, I was able to watch the tennis lesson.  He actually did pretty good!  He cooperated and had no meltdowns.  That's a good tennis lesson in our book!


One evening last week at Zachary's baseball practice, I snapped this picture.  The kids on his team are all 9 & 10 years old...check out the kid in the middle!!  Holy cow!  I have a hard time believing he's 10...

This was that same practice.  It had rained a couple of times at practice, and the coaches decided to practice sliding the whole time.  Zachary was a muddy mess!!

Liam and Zachary both had games last Wednesday.  Neither boy's coaches had given out game balls or any sort of post-game award this summer, but on Wednesday, Liam's coach decided to start giving out an offensive game ball, and a defensive game ball.  Liam was the first recipient of a defensive game ball (that was the game he made the out at home by sliding into the plate).


Saturday 6/21 was our anniversary.  On the actual day, we had dinner at Ceviche in Roswell (yummy!) and then went to see How to Train Your Dragon 2, and we wrapped up the evening with ice cream from Scoops.  We decided to keep it low key, since we had our nice dinner planned for later in the week.  We had made a reservation at Bistro Niko in Buckhead and it was delicious!  They brought out these profiteroles at the end of our meal.  So yummy!  It was a nice way to finish celebrating our 11th anniversary.

This is from Friday, the last day of VBS.  I had not actually gotten a picture of them myself in their VBS shirts, because every morning they were either still sleeping or still in PJs, and then in the afternoons, they were either in baseball clothes or karate clothes...So I took this while we watched the Braves game.

I finally got to cash in on my anniversary present from Josh.  He gave me a bike.  It may seem like a random gift, but we had talked about it because with Zachary training for a triathlon, it's hard for him to get longer bike rides in.  He could probably go around the neighborhood by himself, but I guess we're just not ready for that, so we thought someone ought to go with him.  But neither of us had a bike.  I had mentioned that I would enjoy riding with him, hence, the bike.  We took our first ride on Sunday - 2 miles.  He's got to go 4 miles in the triathlon, so we'll work on doing our loop twice.

No comments: