This is a picture of what Zachary made in WOW this past Sunday (WOW = Wee Ones Worship...it's like a little Sunday School class for 3 & 4-year-olds at our church). They traced his hand to make a turkey, and then I guess they asked each child what he or she is thankful for, and then someone wrote it on their picture. In case you can't read it, Zachary's says he is thankful for superheroes, race cars, Power Rangers, Little Einsteins, and Transformers. No Mommy. No Daddy. No Liam. No Herschel...just all these crazy boy things. It made me really curious to know what other kids said, and also to know what the teachers thought when he said all this stuff and never mentioned anyone in his family. We will have to save this one. It is so typical 3-year-old boy. But he did redeem himself last night. For some reason I asked him what he was thankful for, and he rattled off a whole list - let's see if I can remember them all: Mommy, Daddy, Liam, Herschel, all my toys, blankets, peas, and turkey. I know there was more, but I just can't remember them all. So at least he was a little more inclusive this time.
We are doing Thanksgiving very easy this year. About the only things we're actually "making" are the turkey, green bean casserole, and brownies (but even those come from a box). We're doing mashed potatoes from a tub, canned cranberry, and frozen rolls. We needed to keep it easy to minimize cleanup this year. We will be packing for Disney on Friday, heading to Athens for the UGA game on Saturday, and then off to Orlando on Sunday. We are all very excited about this trip (but not looking forward to the long car ride - I think Zachary will probably talk the whole way there!). So this will probably be my last post for the next week & a half or so, but I'll be sure to fill you in on our trip when we get back.
I hope everyone has a very Happy Thanksgiving! Be safe if you have to go anywhere - or if you are already there, have a safe trip back home!
3 comments:
Happy Thanksgiving and safe travels to you!
Happy Thanksgiving!! Have a great trip.
Have a great trip! I'm going to miss you! :)
Post a Comment